5 Question Friday

I've been seeing some of my blog friends participate in this, so I thought it would be fun to play along! She just gives you 5 random questions to answer, so here goes.........



1. If you had $1,000 to donate to a charity, which would you choose?

This one would be hard to choose! I think I would love to give it to one of the water charities that build water wells in remote African villages. I just cannot imagine not having clean water or having to walk miles to get only dirty water. Or, I might give it to an orphanage or some place like that.

2. Snow days: Do you welcome them happily or are they a pain in your butt?

Well, since we live in SE Texas, we rarely get any snow at all! If it snows here, it's a huge deal! And the way Texas weather is, it can be 70 one day and snowing the next. That's what happened last time it snowed here. And it never lasts longer than one day, so we welcome them happily!!

3. What talent did you wish you had and why?

I wish I could sing better, because music is like therapy to me and I would love to sing at church or something like that just because I love to so much. My Aunt sings at a local Opry house and that would be fun to do some day also. I also wish I could play the guitar, fiddle, or banjo.

4. Are you a news, politics or celebrity gossip junkie?

I rarely watch the news and I don't care about celebrities, although I do like People Magazine and their website. I do like to watch the Fox News channel, but I try not to too often because it aggravates me and I get all worked up.

5. What is your favorite "cocktail"? (Are you a beer person, a kiddie cocktail junkie, or perhaps you're more the "Cosmo" kind?! Anything flies...doesn't have to be alcoholic!)

I haven't drank alcohol for several years now, but I used to be a frozen margarita type of girl. I still crave them every now and then. I stopped drinking cold turkey one day, when I realized I was drinking every single night. Now, I am a coffee drinker. I replaced one addiction with another. Not sure if that is any better. :( Maybe I'll quit that cold turkey one day too.......don't hold me to that, okay?! Ha!

7 comments:

Linda said...

This was fun Kristin!

I bet you sing better than you think...after all, you did make a recording of you singing for Morgan at your wedding. (:>) I used to love to sing...but I am not very good anymore since I got nodules on my vocal cords because of my allergies.

I think I would give my 1000 to someone who needed some more cash to adopt. It is so expensive.

When I would go eat Mexican food I used to drink Margaritas too (a long time ago). But I don't drink at all anymore. They do have non- alcoholic Margaritas...but I have never had one.

I like to watch local news to keep up with what is going on. But I don't like to hear the heavy stuff on the world news that makes me upset and temps me to worry.

I welcome snow if I can stay inside and not have to drive in it.

It was 70 here today and almost that yesterday. Tomorrow is going to be nice too, but then it is supposed to snow again. CrAzY!

Julie said...

Oh my...I must sound bad b/c I love celebrity gossip & drinking beer/wine! LOL! I'm just so out of the loop anymore, that I don't know who half of the celebrities are. That must be why I keep falling asleep during E News. :)

Jenilee said...

I'm sure a snow down there is quite fun! :) I'm a coffee girl too :)

{:miss v:} said...

Hahaha on the coffee thing! I won't hold you to it if you don't hold me to it if I ever say that! ;)

Veronica said...

These question meme's are fun! Stephanie always likes to do them!

I would love to hear you sing one day and I also would love to sing better!

I haven't drank in forever but I used to like frozen girly drinks when I wasn't prego/nursing. Seems like I've been both of those for the past three years so I don't drink anymore! It's probably just as well!

Mich said...

Fun questions, learned a little more about you, friend.

Unknown said...

I LIKE this! Maybe if I can find the time, I will participate in this too. I'm not a celebrity gossip girl myself, but as you might know, I do dabble in a little politics when there's something good to talk about.