Texting, PJ's, and Let's Get Started!!

This past weekend was a busy one for my girls! Friday night, Madison and Kaylee spent the night at our friend's house who has 2 girls their age. Then, they got up Saturday morning and went to the Houston Galleria. It is a huge mall that has an ice skating rink in the middle. My girls were fascinated and had such a great time! I was driving in the car to go shopping with Lily when I got a text message from Madison. Wow.....that was so fun! Makes me realize how grown up she's getting! She text me this picture from the Cheesecake Factory, where they were having lunch. So cute!!

That night after they got home, they had a babysitting fundraiser at their dance center from 6-11pm! Needless to say, after church on Sunday, they were completely pooped! Does anyone else say "pooped" or is that just a southern thing? LOL! I even dropped Lily off at the babysitting thing. It was $25 to drop your kid off and that money goes into the girls' dance account. Lily had lots of fun playing with the big kids!

Today was Polar Express PJ's day at Lily's school. I got her the cutest PJ's at JC Penney the other day. I had a $10 off coupon, so I got these for about $7! Yay! And she got so many compliments on them today. I went out to eat at Olive Garden with my Aunt Barbara today after I picked Lily up and I totally let her wear her PJ's to the restaurant.....and she even had a lady stop to tell her how cute she looked. Ha!!
I took these pics with my phone, but I love how her hair looks so shiny in this one. :D I had made these covered button ponytail holders a long time ago and they just happened to go perfectly with her PJ's today!
Oh, and Madison decided she didn't even want to dress up for Colonial Day tomorrow......sure didn't hurt my feelings one bit. LOL! (That SO sounded like something my Mom would say!)

I got lots of pretty cards in the mail yesterday and today from my sweet blogger friends and other friends and family. So fun!!! I was even too lazy to take advantage of the awesome free card deal that everyone was getting from Shutterfly. I just didn't feel like doing cards this year. Horrible, I know! But thank you so much to all of you who sent me one! I really love them!

So, tomorrow is the big day!! The day we sign papers for our new land! Yay!! Let the building begin!!!! The people who owned this land had a boat business on it and they had this huge hull of a ship hoisted up in the air and they finally had it moved this weekend. I totally forgot to go and take a picture of it before they moved it. It was huge......I called it a pirate ship. LOL! I really wish I had taken a pic of it! Anyhow, I am SO excited to get started on building our new house!

5 comments:

{:miss v:} said...

I really want to go ice skating! That is so fun! And The Cheesecake Factory....yum!

Congrats on the new land! So excited for your family! Can't wait to see pics!

I'm with you on the Christmas card thing. I so don't feel like doing it but I know I'll regret it if I don't so hopefully by the end of the week I'll get it done!

Becca said...

Wow! It sounds like you have been super busy (as usual) and your girls have been up to LOTS of fun! That mall sounds amazing, why don't we have one of those around here?!

Lily does look super cute in her pjs! I LOVE getting a hold of that $10 off coupon!

I think I will just die the first time Autumn sends me a text! How cute!

Linda said...

I wasn't going to do cards this year and then decided too after all. It is always one of my favorite things about Christmas and reminds me of my mom.

Mom and I did cards together when I was a kid and she loved sending them so much, and I always loved getting them and stringing them up all around the house! (:>)

Yay! I am so excited for you to start building on your land! This is an special day for your sweet family!

So glad that Madison and Kaylee had fun at their sleepover and trip to the big Mall, and out to lunch. Your girls are sure growing up. And my goodness Lily looks so cute and grown up in those pictures...where did your baby go Kristin? (:>)

Don't worry it is a blast seeing your girls grow up, and each stage is fun. I loved it all! (And still do)

Gotta get a move on, since we are doing Christmas a week early and I am not done shopping. But I wanted to comment on this fun post.

Love you,
Momma Linda

Veronica said...

How fun about getting a text from Madison! She has grown so much this year! I love Lily's PJ's and have to try to find some for Alyssa to wear for Friday's thing. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow morning!

Bummer about you not feeling like Christmas cards. I am so happy I did them this year! I have received several from blog friends too and have felt so blessed! I've gotten more from blog friends than in real life friends/family!

Yay on the new land! I'll be praying that the house sells soon!

Holly said...

I'd love to go ice skating in a mall. You can skate and then go shop! Awesome!!

Those are cute PJs!! I think I need some new ones!