Christmas Parade!

Last night, the girls were in the Christmas parade for our town with their dance performance team. The looked so cute in their warm-up suits! The back is the logo all in rhinestones and the front has their name in rhinestones.

I thought this was a cute picture with their poms :)
I wasn't really sure exactly where they would be lining up, so we parked and started walking. We asked someone if they could show us where our number was lining up and this lady gave us a ride to it on her golf cart. The girls thought that was so fun. Ha!

I was worried earlier in the week that it would be cold, but it ended up being around 70! The girls were all sweaty by the time it was done. And the mosquitoes were horrible too! Typical Texas December weather, I guess!
I had dropped Lily off at Morgan's work before I picked the girls up from school, because I knew the race would be on to get them ready to be at the parade. So, after I got the girls settled, I drove around, parked, and found a place near the end of the parade route to watch from. Morgan and Lily ended up meeting me there right before it was to begin.

They had all kinds of people going around selling things, and as soon as Lily got there, she wanted something.
She said she wanted a light-up thing, but came back with this poodle. :D
We didn't have to wait long to see the girls, because they were #10 in the parade. Madison's friend Tori was also riding in the parade and she was #110! So, I was super glad the girls were near the front!! We were only there about 15 minutes before their team came through.

By the time they reached us, since we were near the end, they weren't really doing their dance anymore. They were just waving and walking.
They will be in the parade for our local school district area tomorrow, so I hope to see more of them dancing.
It was so much fun though! I used to march in that same parade when I was in high school with the Lee Brigadiers (an all girls drum & bugle corp) and hearing my high school band come through brought back so many memories last night! I was so proud of my girls too! And Lily was just amazed at everything. She said she really liked that parade. :)

Here's a little video I took. (Bailey is Madison's best friend, if you're wondering why I called her name)



I wish we could've stayed to watch the whole parade, but we had to go meet to pick up the girls. We went out to eat afterward, and that was fun too. It was a great night!

Now I must get ready to take the girls shopping for Christmas dresses!

7 comments:

Jenilee said...

they look so cute! I'm sure they had fun in the parade and you had fun watching them! :)

Anna Gray said...

Parades are always such fun! =)

Linda said...

I am so excited that the girls got to be in two parades with their dance team...it just seems like so much fun for them. And I'm glad Momma enjoyed it too.

It won't be long before Lily is doing those things too. (:>)

You are a fun family....I hope to meet you all someday.

Love, Momma Linda

Amanda said...

Fun!
You should get your ornament today! Mailed it Thursday. I am excited about it b/c it was exactly what I was looking for! This is kind of weird, but I prayed I would find the perfect one...I knew just what I was looking for, and I literally walked into the store and there it was! I know it's not a big deal, but it was one of those sweet little blessings God gives us now and again.
Amanda

Caroline said...

Looks like lots of fun. I was in lots of parades growing up. Pictures and video are beautiful.

Caroline

Veronica said...

I'm reading your posts in backwards order and it turns out there was another video to watch! Fun! It felt like we were there too! The girls' outfits were so neat. Love the rhinestones!

Becca said...

OHHHH those outfits are even cuter close up!!! I'm totally reading your blog backwards so in the next post I didn't even think about how warm it would be there!!! I really like the picture of the two of them posing!