Giving Thanks - ABC Style!

I did this last year and thought it would be fun again!
The idea is to pick one thing, for each letter, that you're thankful for.
You already know I'm thankful for my family, friends, etc., so I thought I would be different this time.

I decided to pick my top favorite things that have helped me grow in my faith!

A - Adoption stories......love to see the Lord write these stories!
B - Bible
C - Craig Groeschel's books, "Christian Atheist" and "Chazown"
D - David Platt's book, "Radical"
E - Emails from treasured friends who love me for me!
F - Francis Chan's books, "Crazy Love" and "Forgotten God"
G - God's love, faithfulness, patience, and mercy!
H - Hope {unfolding}
I - "In Faithfulness, He Afflicted Me" by Lynnette Kraft
J - Jesus!!
K - Kari Jobe's music
L - Leeland's music
M - Mary Beth Chapman's book, "Choosing to SEE"
N - Notebook - my trusty notebook that I just finished filling up at church this past Sunday :D
O - 147 Million Orphans and Ordinary Hero- these ladies are my heroes! I want to be just like them when I grow up!!
P - "Plan B" by Pete Wilson
Q - Quiet time spent with the Lord
R - "Red Letters" by Tom Davis
S - "Same Kind of Different as Me" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
T - "The Hole in Our Gospel" by Rich Stearns
U - Undeniable power of the Holy Spirit at work
V - Various sermons on the radio that I listen to daily
W - "What Difference Do it Make" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
X - That the Lord is eXactly the same yesterday, today, and every day to come!
Y - You!! If you're reading this blog, then chances are you've helped me grow in my faith!
Z - Zillions of other things I could list if I had time!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

amanda said...

love this post. love playing words with friends with you. hate that i missed your giveaway.
my word verification is loyantic sort of like lunatic. i don't know. i'm tired. and when i'm tired i get goofy. :)

Linda said...

Great List! It shows that you like to read...listen to music...hear sermons...take notes...grow... share...and give thanks!

Love you!

Unknown said...

LOVE your list! I am sure you could write a whole one on all the books you have read in the last year :) Happy Thanksgiving!!

Veronica said...

This was a fun way to do your thankful list! I'm so thankful to have you in my life. Couldn't imagine not having you in it!

Hope you guys have a great day tomorrow!

Julie said...

Great idea! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I love this post. I also love adoption stories. They warm your heart just so!

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Wonderful list of MANY Thankful items!! I enjoyed reading all you have to be thankful for.

Blessings to you!

Rachel

Becca said...

You have a GREAT list of many, many things to be thankful for!