Today, I have been a little sad because it would've been my Mom's 62nd birthday today. Tomorrow will be 6 years since she passed away. She died the day after her 56th birthday. Although I have grown so much over the past six years, there still isn't a day that I don't miss her and I don't think there ever will be. I know that one day I will see her again. I can honestly say that there is no way I would have made it through all of this without Jesus in my life.
But, even though I have the Lord, sometimes I tell him that I just need a best friend who can physically be here with me. That is what I miss about my Mom. I miss talking on the phone, going shopping, hanging out doing nothing at all, and most of all, she was the one person I could just be myself around (besides Morgan). Speaking of Morgan, I definitely would not have made it without him. He is my very best friend, but he doesn't like to talk much or go shopping. :( Ha!
I just love this song by JJ Heller right now. It's about how Jesus will love me for me, not for what I have done or who I have become. That's what I miss about my mom.....her love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm so sorry you're sad today but I'm glad you have the Lord to get you through the hard days. Praying for you today!
Oh Kristin, I'm sorry you're missing your momma. :( I love you.
I'm so sorry your Mom had to leave at such a young age. I'm thinking about you as you go through this day and the ones beyond.(((HUGS)))
Well.. that just broke my heart! I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must be for you. I know that she is smiling down on you though! {HUGS}
I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Like we were talking about earlier today, let's just enjoy each day as it comes and take it for the beautiful gift that it is! Love you!
P.S. I heard JJ and her hubby on KLOVE doing an interview and they played this song and I thought of you. It's such a good one and love how her voice is so pure!
Sending you big hugs and love!! ((((♥♥♥))))
I am sorry you miss your mom. I am sure that she is smiling down at you from heaven.
{{HUGS}}
LOVE
And PRAYERS!
Post a Comment