Oh, this is my 555th post!! Wow!!!
On a Mission!
Filed Under:
Summer Suzette Couture
I've been busy this week getting ready for a baby shower that us church friends are giving tomorrow. I made this burp cloth and onesie, some other onesies, and I'm about to see if I can manage to make a diaper cake. Wish me luck! Ha!
Yesterday, Kaylee had picture day at school. She decided to wear pigtails!
So cute!
In other news, I'm so proud of Zach's Mommy, Malena! You remember I raised money for Zach with my "notecards for Zach", when he was born with CMV and spent the first few months of his life in the NICU at TX Children's. CMV is cytomegalovirus, and any woman can get it. It's just a virus and it makes you feel really tired. Well, doctors don't test for it and most women don't even know they've had it. Malena is trying to raise awareness of CMV so that other pregnant mommies won't have to see their babies be born in such critical condition as Zach was. Truly, it is a miracle that Zach survived. Well, Malena has been on a mission to raise awareness of this and today, she is being interviewed by a local Houston news station! I am so proud of her!!
Oh, this is my 555th post!! Wow!!!
Oh, this is my 555th post!! Wow!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Wow, that's so neat about Malena being on the news! You'll have to share the link to the article when it comes out!
I love the way the shower things turned out and I hope you get the diaper cake done exactly like you want it. I've never made a diaper cake before!
Kaylee looked so cute and I just love her shirt! Congrats on your 555th post. Holy cow, lady...you are WAY ahead of me!
That is awesome about Zach's mom. Good for her.
Cute pig tails. I love it when my girls wear them.
Love the shower gifts too. CUTe
Holy wow, 555! Congrats! Good luck on the diaper cake!! Kaylee looks so cute in pigtails!
your baby shower stuff is adorable! and lovin' the pig tails! my girls hair is growing and we're hoping for some great pitails soon!
You are a very prolific writer! Love the baby things - they are darling and your daughter looks cute for her pics! the last shower we gave I made baby shower cupcakes I saw in a magazine. You roll up socks, onesies, washcloths, etc., and put them in those rubbery cupcake holders (I don't know what they are made of) There are some more instructions to it, but it turned out really cute!
I'm so glad your friend's son survived, and that she is spreading the word about that virus.
Can I just say you are like, so talented at what you do. How you sew, what you make, the creativity. You, Veronica, Miss V, and all of these crafty, creative ladies amaze me. =)
WOW Malena! That is soooo great! I have never ever heard of it before. What a wonderful thing for her to do!
The burp cloth and onesie turned out really cute. I can't wait to see how your diaper cake looks! I bet it is fabulous!
Kaylee looks so adorable with her pigtails. She is just so cute and fun!
What a cute little model you have :o)
So cool for your friend Malena! Anyway to get the word out - and a tv station is amazing!
Post a Comment