We're on our last week of summer! Last night, Madison had her open house, so we got to go meet her teacher and all that good stuff. She is moving over to the Intermediate School for 5th grade this year, so she's really excited! We got to her class and her very best friend's desk was right beside hers! They were thrilled! Most all of the kids were in her class last year or the year before, so I know she's going to have a great year. One thing I really loved is that her principal said that these kids are still considered to be in elementary school and therefore no girls would be allowed to wear makeup.....they are not trying to let our kids grow up before their time. I love that!
I took some pics of the girls before we left. Kaylee will get to meet her teacher tomorrow.

Madison is really growing up. Her whole face and everything has changed just since I started this blog! :( I sure do love her though! She told me the other day that she really loved hanging out with me. I hope she will always feel that way. I never went through a phase where I didn't want to be around my mom, so I think that whole idea that teens and moms can't be friends is just not true. My Mom and I always had a mutual respect. She respected my independence as long as I respected that she was my Mom and I was to always obey her, always ask permission before going somewhere, always had to let her know where I was going and who I was with, and be home when told.

I plan to raise my girls the same way. As long as they are respecting what I ask them to do, they will have independence. I pray that I raise them to follow Jesus, and that will take care of any issues they might face when I'm not there.

I am taking any and all advice from you Moms out there who have already raised your teens!

Today, we made our annual summer visit to Aunt Barbara's house to visit with the girls!

For those of you who prayed and helped me raise money with my "Notecards for Zach", well here is a special picture to see just who that money helped. Zach is a year old now and doing great! What a precious miracle!

He is such a happy baby. He is still gaining strength and is still on his special formula to help him grow as much as possible, but he is on his way!

Zach is kind of outnumbered by girls in this family. :D
We have Kaylee, Madison, Emarie, Zach, Thia, Anistyn, and Lily.
Emarie and Thia are Aunt Barbara's nieces, Anistyn is her granddaughter, and Zach is her grandson. When I'm over there, I love that they call me "Aunt Kristin" even though I'm not really their Aunt. =)

We had a fun day together! The fact that I live near Aunt Barbara, who is my birth mom's sister, is so special to me. My Mom never tried to keep me from my biological family and when my Dad's job moved us here to Baytown, it turned out my Aunt Barbara lived nearby and we began to really get to know one another, which has been a gift from God after losing my Mom and my Dad moving away. God has plans for us, and He never leaves out those tiny details. I have no doubt that is exactly why He moved us here. God is SO good!
7 comments:
Lily's birthday party looked like fun! Happy birthday to her!I'm so glad you have a friendship with your Aunt Barbara. Look's like all of you had a great time!
I'm glad you are close to your Aunt Barbara...that is a blessing.
Madison is changing a lot...she is so cute and so are each of your girls.
My friend Myrna's brother passed away today, so I am sad for her. Maybe you could say a little prayer for her and her family. The funeral is Saturday. It is so hard to lose our loved ones. nhuh?
I spent some time with Myrna today to try to comfort her. We have been through so much together over the last 30 years. Her brother was a believer so that is helping her and bringing her peace.
AWE! Look at Zach! I LOVE his curly hair! SO CUTE! I am so happy for you that you have your Aunt Barbara. It really is such a blessing straight from God that she is in your life. ALSO, I love the name Anistyn especially the way her's is spelled. I will have to write that one down!
Madison really is growing up! She is so precious (like your other two). Me and my mom fought constantly when I was growing up. I was such a Daddy's girl BUT my sis and my mom got along great for the most part. I hope that me and my girls are close too. It would just tear me to pieces if we weren't! Sounds like you've got a great plan though. How is Madison almost in her teens already?!
summer is winding down for sure. fall is on it's way! such cute pictures... love families full of girls! :) but that boy is a cutie!
Like I was telling you yesterday on FB, I can totally see how much Madison's grown over the summer! She looks so mature now!!!
Glad to see/hear about Zach and the fun you guys had at Aunt B's house!
I also love how long the girls' hair is getting. I don't have the patience to deal with our girls' hair being so long!
I can't believe summer is already winding down and the kids have started (up here)/are starting back to school! I was thinking while reading the 1st paragraph how much your daughters have grown since we started reading each others blogs and then you said that right as I scrolled down. They are such beautiful young girls and I know they will always be close to their mom; you are a wonderful, God-fearing woman who they will grow to appreciate and respect all their lives! All the pics were great. Looks like the kids were having a great time visiting too. Glad you are close to your aunt; God does always take care of those little details. He reminded me of that just yesterday. BTW, I am starting a job on Monday and Preston will be going to daycare so 2 big changes; please keep us in your prayers! I'll keep you and the girls in mine! God Bless!
Yea for Madison knowing kids in her class! That helps make school less stressful on the 1st day. Your girls are so pretty, I couldn't imagine them wearing makeup!
Post a Comment