Sleepover Weekend!

We are gearing up over here for a slumber party tonight!! So, the past few days, I've just been busy getting things ready. Madison is turning 10!!!!

She just invited her 3 best friends (and her friend's little sister). The invites we found that she liked, were hot pink with zebra trim, so we just went with that for a theme. We decided to make cupcakes this year, so that we could use zebra cupcake holders and hot pink icing. I hope they turn out looking okay! I found a cheap little cupcake tier thing, and I glued hot pink zebra ribbon to the edges of it and put some boa stuff on top to make it look cute. And we found some hot pink zebra goody bags too.

Today, Lily also has her open house at preschool to meet her teacher before school starts on Monday. Please say a little prayer for her. Yesterday, was her 4-year checkup/shots at the doctor and she had to get 4 shots! Last night, she had a fever and was all stuffed up and I'm hoping when she wakes up she'll feel like going to her open house! We are all battling this stuffy nose stuff. :( It is not fun!

So, I plan to "recover" from the sleepover on Saturday (LOL!!) and then Sunday is my birthday! I was looking at some old posts from this time last year and saw where I had written last year that I hated my birthday because it just reminded me that my Mom is no longer here. Well, after reading that, I realized I hadn't even thought about that this year! I am truly loving life right now. I have really been realizing that life is all about family. I kept praying for the Lord to show me what I was supposed to do and I feel He has very clearly told me to stop worrying about it, and focus on where He has placed me right now, and that is to be the best Mom and wife that I can be. Because of my personality, and just the way I grew up and am wired, I could very easily shut myself off from the rest of the world, even from my family. I could spend my time doing other things, like volunteering or serving, which would be great things to do, but right now, at this stage of my life, my family needs my undivided attention. Being a Mom is a full-time job, that is for sure!

I spend my time worrying and feeling guilty about a lot of things. I wonder way too much what people think of me. I let people's ideas of what they think I should be doing, influence what I do. I feel guilty for not serving, even though I don't feel it's the Lord telling me to do things, but it's people or maybe just my own idea of thinking I'm just not doing enough. I fill my life with things that don't matter and people who don't really care. Well, that is beginning to change. Looking back on my life, I realized that the one thing I loved is that no matter what happened at school or work or with my friends, I ALWAYS had home to come to and feel safe. My goal is to make our home a safe place, a sanctuary, where my girls can always feel loved and just can be themselves, no matter what. I want a home where my husband can come home from work and relax and feel like what he did all day matters to us.

Anyways, birthdays really aren't a big deal to me and never have been. I'm still here and that's what matters because it just means God's plans for me are not finished yet! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

6 comments:

Veronica said...

I love your goal! I think it's so easy to just worry all the time about what others think of us or how we can be all these things to everyone when in reality all that really matters is the Lord and our families. I want this to be my same goal too.

I'm so glad that you're feeling better about your birthday and not feeling as sad as you used to. Birthdays are special and should be celebrated!

I hope all goes well tonight and I can't wait to see everything. You are an awesome Momma and your girls are so blessed to have you in their lives.

Hope everyone is feeling better today. I prayed for you guys last night! Love ya!

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh I hope that the sleep over weekend is great. You are brave my friend.
I am sure it will be great. I think the goal you have for your house is awesome.
Happy early Birthday to you too:)

Sarita Boyette said...

Sounds like the party will be a big success! Happy BD to you and Madison! Yes, being a mom is a full time job. I didn't have a choice but to work outside the home, as my husband had some health issues,and I do have guilt about that.I was home during the summers. But our children know I love them very much and always will do what I can for them. Being a good mom IS a way to serve the Lord. Your BD is important also and I'm glad you are not as sad as you were. Hope Lily's better - shots are no fun! xoxoxo

Kate said...

Happy Birthday to you and Madison! Great goal for all Mommy's!! Have a great weekend!

Linda said...

I think blogging helps us look back and be able to see how far we have come...and think about all the things that are really important.

I think it gives us opportunity to read about other people and to be able to pray for their needs, and care about what they are going through.

Yes, we make new blog friends and don't spend so much time just thinking about ourselves. (:>)

I have seen you grow spiritually by leaps and bounds since I first met you. And I have seen you heal from the loss of your mom...and grow so much as a mom and a wife.

I have seen your caring heart as you reach out to others.

All of this blogging stuff is like therapy! Ha! And I love how it has given me YOU...and so many other young mothers who I can love and encourage. AND you have been like a ray of sunshine and love in my life.

Spend today relaxing after the sleepover fun.

Love you,
Momma Linda

Grandma Becky said...

Happy Birthday, Kristen. I saw that it was your birthday today from Linda's blog. Since I like to blog hop, I thought I'd hop right over and wish you a blessed birthday! May it be a special, fun filled with laughter and smiles kind of day.

I've gone through some of the feelings you've shared. It's easy to worry about what others think but we don't need to measure up to them. God is more important and he loves us so much. He is merciful and just. Have a wonderful day and you've got it right, focus on your children as they grow up so fast. Mine are both grown and now I'm a grandma almost two times! Family is special and make sure to put God first and every thing else will fall into place. Hugs!