Our Fun Weekend

We had a great weekend! Friday, we hosted our bible study group here at my house and that was fun.

Saturday, we went to Grandma's house and had hamburgers and went swimming. I didn't even take my camera because I just wanted to have fun with the girls. We got in the pool, then it started pouring down raining! So, we hopped out for awhile until it stopped, and then we got back in. The girls thought that was so funny. Lily is getting more used to the water and she let me take her out in it and help her float around. She even got on one of the floats they have. Zoey and her Daddy came too and we had lots of fun playing with her. She kept wanting me to pick her up, so that she could see this fake bird that my MIL has attached to her hanging ivy plant. Zoey would say "a-bir" and I would say, "Yes, a bird!" She's so adorable!

Saturday night, Morgan and I decided to just stay home and watch the UFC fight together. We were invited to watch it with friends, but we didn't really feel like going anywhere after being gone all day.

Sunday, we went to church (which was a great message!) and then Morgan worked around the house doing some things that needed to be done. The girls and I decided to make a trip to Barnes & Noble, one of our favorite things to do. They each found a book and then Madison found an American Girl magazine (I didn't even know there was such a thing) and Kaylee found a Barbie magazine.

I got 2 books. I'm almost finished with one of them.....it's so good. It's called "Untamed" by Lisa Harper. The cover says "How the wild side of Jesus frees us to live and love with abandon." I also got "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore.

After a week of rain and flooding, it was finally a bright and sunny day on Sunday! The girls had a hard time opening their eyes for a picture, it was so bright. Ha!
Then, last night, we went and watched the fireworks.
We had to wait around for them to start, and Kaylee was playing her DS and Madison was reading a book.
By the time they started, they were totally bored and I was taking a video of the fireworks and Morgan says, "We aren't going to come next year if y'all don't even want to watch them." And I started laughing, because we say that every year. I think I have the only kids who are not amazed in the least by fireworks. I think I love them more than they do! LOL!! Oh well! It was still a really fun weekend!

Today, we are just being lazy and staying around the house. Morgan is off and is mowing and stuff like that. I woke up this morning around 8:30 and I kept wondering why he hadn't left for work yet, and then I remembered that he had the day off. Ha! The good news is that if we don't sell our house, all of these little things that we've been needing to take care of (like touching up paint, etc) are pretty much all done now! And I learned that I CAN keep this house clean......it just takes a lot of effort!

8 comments:

Jenilee said...

I love the idea of not even bringing a camera and just enjoying your girls! I have done that some this summer and I need to do it more. Glad you had a great weekend!

HappyascanB said...

The girls were so cute in their patriotic attire!! I also love fireworks! We didn't go anywhere to see them this year with Molly, and I missed them! I want to read Breaking Free, too. Let me know what you think about it when you're finished with it

Linda said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. And that is so funny that the girls weren't that interested in the fireworks. (:>) We went on a vacation once and we were in the folks motor home driving through the Badlands in South Dakota...and John was upset cuz we girls hardly looked at them...and just wanted to go back and take a nap!Ha!

We did enjoy Mount Rushmore though!

I know it is nice to get all of the little projects done around the house. When we sell a house, John fixes everything and it looks so nice when we sell! ha!

And it does feel good to have everything clean and all organized...so all is good! (:>)

Love you,

Veronica said...

I love the pic of the girls in their red white and blue! Glad you guys had a fun day despite the rain! It was overcast here but at least the sun came out for a while!

Know what you mean about the girls and the fireworks. Our girls weren't overly impressed with them. They just loved hanging out with their cousins!

You will for sure have to let me know how the Beth Moore book is. From what I've heard, it's a really great book!

Sarita Boyette said...

Love your girls' photos and your church post. Glad you had a good weekend & got to spend time with your family. xoxoxo

4 Blessings said...

I love their outfits. Too cute. Glad you had a great weekend.
Blessings,
Amy

Holly said...

The girls are so festive in their colors!! I know I enjoyed the fireworks more than Kyndra! She was more concerned with eating a snack.

He & Me + 3 said...

WE say that too about the fireworks...but you just can't do the 4th without them. LOL
Your girls are precious.