Today was a fantastic Mother's Day! I just realized though, that I didn't get one single picture of me and my girls together!
My favorite thing about Mother's Day is always the handmade gifts.
Kaylee made me this beautiful card.

Inside, it says: (her answers in bold)
"My Mom's name is
Kristin. She is special because
she is nice. I like it when my Mom
hugs me. My Mom can do many things! I think she's best at
spaissh. My Mom has a pretty smile! I like to make her smile by
hug her. My Mom is as pretty as a
flower. My Mom is smart! She even knows
everythink. I'd like to tell my Mom
I love you."
I thought it was funny she said I'm best at "spaissh". She meant Spanish. I don't speak Spanish. LOL!!

On the back it says:
"You are especially nice when
you help me. You help me do these things:
you help me get dressed. You make me happy when
you tickle me."
Look what Lily got me........she wrote her name all by herself. :-) I'm so proud of her!

Madison came home the other day and said she needed a rock for school. We took one out of the neighbor's yard. Haha!! Trust me, he won't mind. I didn't know it was so she could make me this:

She wrapped this next gift up all pretty.

It was a poem written by her. She is a very talented poet!

And Morgan got me this from the girls. Isn't it so pretty?!

We went to church today and had a great service. Three babies were dedicated and I got to be the photographer and Morgan took a video. Although, the pics didn't come out that great. I really must learn how to use my camera!
Then, we went over to my MIL's house for lunch. We had fajitas. Yum!!

Miss Zoey was there and we had fun playing with her.

I thought this was a pretty picture of Zoey. Look at her little clippy :)

The girls love to be outside with Grandma. They love to swing, pick flowers, and get ice out of the ice maker outside and throw it in the flower pots and flower beds to "water the flowers". Ha!

It was a beautiful and wonderful day. I honestly did not even feel sad or think about my Mom not being here today. Not even once. And at the end of the day, when I realized that, I just thanked the Lord for being so good to me!!
I hope you all had a wonderful day today too!!
18 comments:
So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Those gifts are just priceless. I can't wait for my girls to come home from school with such cute things. That necklace is beautiful also! LOVE the pics!
Looks like you had a great day! The cards are so cute! That's my favorite part of Mother's Day! Love the necklace you got, too!
Be Blessed!
Glad your mother's day was so special.
I love handmade gifts too. What a great day you had. Cute pictures.
I didn't get a picture with Molly either! Glad you had a wonderful day!!
Happy Mother's Day to you friend. Looks like you did well. Love the card with all things that make you special. Drew did something similar and it was amazing how well he knew me, made me proud.
Your kids r lovely..I always feel gud after glancing throug ur blog...
Happy Mother's Day Kristin...a day late...but today is Mexico's Mother's day so...it counts. :-) And since you are so good in Spanish...ha that was way cute!
God is always good and tends to our hearts. I'm so glad you had a wonderful day yesterday.
PS
I read your email from last week. I've been too busy here at work...but I read it and thank you.
lovely post
I'm so glad you had such a great day yesterday and that you weren't sad. I loved seeing the pics of the girls and what they made for you! I can't wait until our girls can make special things like that too!
The necklace from Morgan was so pretty too!
i love the homemade cards the best too.
So glad you had a beautiful weekend.
What a nice Mother's Day! I'm so glad you were happy and all the handmade gifts were so cute!
There was a baby dedication at church yesterday too but since I was too scared to go (haha!) I missed it...boo. It was for a precious little girl who just turned 1. I can't believe it's already been a year since she was born because her mama was having a difficult end of the pregnancy and we were all praying for her at church. Seems just like yesterday!
We're planning to dedicate Evan the day before his 2nd birthday on the 23rd. I'm so excited because I've been meaning to do it since the day he was born and I just kept forgetting too! oops!
happy that you had a great day!! i LOVE the handmade stuff. makes it more fun i think. the necklace of course is beautiful too. yay to lily for writing her name!!
Hi Kristin...Happy Belated Mother's Day! (My computers have not been working right and I haven't been online very much)
It sounds like you had a wonderful day. And I am so glad that you weren't sad about your mom. I think God did that for you. He is so good.
Love the gifts from the girls...and the necklace too.
You are a wonderful wife, mother and friend. You are loved!!!!
Momma Linda
I am SO glad that you had a great Mother's day! Your gifts were SO sweet!
Your girls are just the absolute sweetest ever!!! That poem that Madison wrote you is INCREDIBLE! I'm in LOVE with it!!
I am so glad that you had such a wonderful mother's day!! I loved all of your gifts from your girls. I miss those from my kids. They have all gotten past the hand made cards and crafty gifts. It is kinda sad really. But they are still sweet and they all gave me store bought cards and they were all so sweet!! I didn't get any pictures of me with my kids on Mother's Day either. What is wrong with us?? LOL
Oh, your girls are just so beautiful!!!
I know, the hand made cards are just the best. I had a shelf of them this Mother's Day. The girls just kept making them and making them...kids are so amazing and creative...and loving, unconditionally! :)
Post a Comment