Kaylee's Last Hit

Kaylee's softball team had their last game tonight. They were in 5th place, playing the 4th place team to advance in the championship tournament. It went into overtime and they were winning, but the other team was home team and got one more inning at bat and they ended up beating us by 1 point, I believe. :( Their games normally last an hour.....this one was 1 hr 45 mins!!

Kaylee struck out her first at bat, but got two more times to bat and got hits both times. Here's a video of her last at bat. She hit a foul the first time and the 2nd one, the pitcher actually caught, but then she dropped it so it wasn't an out. Yay! Here's a little video of it!



After the game, her coach gave them their little baseballs with their name on it from the sign they had. Then, they ate cupcakes and had a water balloon fight. They were having so much fun!
I don't think she will play again next year. Kaylee would always get excited when it was her turn to sit in the dugout. They would take turns on who had to sit out since they had extra girls on the team and that was her favorite thing. LOL!! She did like batting too, but would cry every time she struck out. But, she did have fun this year and I enjoyed cheering for her!

8 comments:

Lauren said...

awww - great video and photos! :) Sounds like a great season... but I can relate - baseball wasn't my thing either! :P

the Spocks said...

Glad she had fun playing. Baseball is a great sport.

Veronica said...

How cute!!! The girls look so little in the video!

He & Me + 3 said...

That video was so cute. She hit great being pitched too.
Who knows...maybe next year she will like it even more. Softball/baseball grows on you:)

Katie said...

neat video, and buy the books. It will take him about 2hr to read it I think, not bad at all. It is fun to read it too.

christy rose said...

Awww! What a great video! That is funny that you said she was happiest sitting on the bench. I remember feeling that way when I was younger too! :)

Kari said...

I think it's funny she'd get excited to sit in the dugout - haha! At least she had fun!

Becca said...

I'm glad she got a hit in! LOL on Kaylee being excited to sit in the dugout! I am right there with her! HA!