
Jenilee is now hosting Wednesday's Walk again. I am glad that I am finally finding time to join in again!
Veronica was saying how big she was getting with her pregnancy, and I was telling her that she hasn't seen nothing yet!!! I told her I would go hunt down a photo of me so she could feel better. For the record, she looks adorable and is only belly!
Just for some perspective, this photo was taken right before I found out I was expecting Madison. This was December 1999.
And here was me on August 20,2000. This was at my baby shower and 10 days before Madison was born. She wasn't due until September 8, but she came on August 30th, the day after my Birthday! Look how swollen my legs were!! I had severe edema. You could push on the tops of my feet and it would leave a dent. It felt like gel!! :( I was supposed to be on bed rest at this point!
Just in case you weren't convinced, here is me in labor. Look at my face and my foot. They are severely swollen! I think I gained not quite 50 lbs. I lost about 30 before I ever left the hospital. No joke! That's how much fluid was built up.
See, getting back to normal, the day we left the hospital, on Morgan's Birthday, September 1st!
This picture made me laugh out loud! When we got home with Madison, we weren't sure what to do with her, so we just sat her on the coffee table and stared at her for awhile until she woke up. Haha!!! I think we actually said to each other, "Well, what are we supposed to do now?!"
She had the sweetest little head. Look how little it was in the carseat.
And then I just love this picture of her head resting so gently in my hand. So precious!
So there you go, Veronica! I told y'all I was NOT one of those women who only gains a little belly and that's it! But, I loved being pregnant and I still love all things to do with maternity and babies! I guess next week, I'll look back on when I was pregnant with Kaylee. :)
17 comments:
Oh I loved seeing all these pictures. We had that same car seat. LOL Cute cute Madison.
What a fun post! Loved seeing photos of you during that time. Now, I was fortunate and pretty much only gained a belly, but with Bella (born in July) I swelled like mad. My face, my legs, my feet...I could only wear flip flops because none of my shoes fit. I only gained 27, but I never ate, so I'm assuming I had a lot of water weight!
I can definitely tell that you were swollen. That had to be so uncomfortable and miserable! I bet it was a relief when Madison was born! And wow, that's a lot of weight to lose before leaving the hospital! The things we go through to get them here!
Aw! I totally had swollen feet with V too. Have you seen my last belly picture from my pregnancy with her? I think I have you beat ;)
YEah! you got to post with us! :) I LOVED seeing you pregnant... so cute even a little bit swollen! :) I got that too, especially with Abby. Thanks for sharing them with us!
Thanks for sharing! That is crazy that you lost 30 lbs in the hospital! You must've been miserable.
Isn't it funny how you get home and go "now what?" LOL. I remember that!
P.S. I love the onesies in your previous post! Too cute!
That was so fun! Thanks for sharing your pics! I was as big as a house with Alyssa so I guess I should be glad I haven't gained as much this time. :) Isn't it nuts how that water weight thing happens? You looked so beautiful right after you had Madison and not even like you'd been pregnant! Love the pic of you holding Madison with her little head to the side. I can't wait for that part!
I think it will be so much fun to see the next week weeks of Wed's Walk with both of the other girls and your pregnancies with them. This was fun! :)
You are adorable! What sweet memories of such a special time! Thanks for sharing these...and thanks so much for your sweet comment!
Love you, girl... Happy Wednesday!!
wow quite a pregnancy saga. So glad all turned out so beautifully!
What a cute post!! I think I'd have you beat - I must find my pics now!! No, it's still too fresh, I think I'm too embarrassed!! LOL! :)
Oh I loved seeing these pregnancy pictures and your newborn Madison pictures too. How precious! I always loved being pregnant. But I do remember at the end I was ready for it to be over.
I'm glad you joined in today on Wednesday's Walk. I love it that Jenilee started it up again.
Love you,
Momma Linda
You sound a lot like me, I also love everything maternity and babies. I enjoyed your post!
Ahhhh man! Now I want another baby!
What a fun post!
I loved how you and your hubby were like "What do we do now?" I bet most parents feel that way! haha!
I remember the day we brought Evan home. I cried all the way home from the hospital because I was worried about the cats! Of all things! I was worried that they wouldn't get along with Evan....they have and it's been great!
Can't wait to see next week's!
lol. i was HUGE with amelya. i gained 45 pounds. but i didn't even realize how big i was until after i had her and looked at pictures. ((and when she was a few weeks old shaun tells me: oh your butt is getting small again! i think it's a good thing he didn't tell me it was big. i would've crushed him with it!)) i also remember thinking the same thing: now what! lol. too fun!!
It is so fun to look back at the pictures. Madison pics are so sweet. I gained 50lbs. with each pregnancy. So, I know about being huge :)
Blessings,
Amy
OH! I loved this post! You poor, poor thing! I am sure that was no fun at all! BUT I still think you looked great and that must have been absolutely wonderful to shed 30lbs before even leaving the hospital!
Post a Comment