Valentine's Fun!

Hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day this weekend!!
Don't you just love Lily's blue teeth from her fun dip?!
Today was the girls' Valentine's parties at school, so Lily and I went to those. I took some pictures of her before we left and I just love her expression in this one.
These pictures are out of order, which kind of sums up our party experience today.....crazy!

Madison's party was at 2 and Kaylee's was at 2:30, so my plan was to stay at Madison's for 20 minutes and bring her with me to Kaylee's. Well, it took until about 2:15 for me to get through the huge long line to sign in (because you have to get a tag to wear on campus for security purposes). So, I had only been at Madison's party for about 5 minutes when it was time for me to go to Kaylee's.

The way their schools are, is that they are all in a row, but far enough apart that you have to drive and park at each one. And I had to walk a long way to get to Madison's school from my parking spot. So Lily was like "I'm tired of walking!" Poor thing!

So, I made sure Madison wasn't going to be upset with me leaving her there (because she still hadn't gotten to eat yet) and Lily and I drove around to Kaylee's school. By the time I got back to pick Madison up, it was almost time for school to be out. But, she said that she was glad she stayed and she had fun with her friends. Thank goodness!

I guess Lily was still mad at me for making her walk 2 miles to this party. Ha!
Kaylee and her best friends. We go to church and bible study with her friend Jordan (on the right). These girls are just the sweetest!

Kaylee got to decorate (and eat!) her cookie. Yum!

So, what's everyone doing for Valentine's Day? We are going to bible study tonight. For V-day, we don't have any plans, other than to go to church. We are doing "Crazy Love" at church, so it should be a great sermon! We decided no gifts or cards this year. I told Morgan to please not spend $5 on even a card......I would rather him buy me a Starbucks coffee, if he's going to spend the money. It's not that we're broke or anything, it's just that the cards get tossed, we don't need anything at all, and it stresses both of us out trying to figure out what to get each other! It's just silly and we aren't doing it anymore!

Although, after Madison brought home one of those hearts with the chocolates in it, I was kind of wishing I had told him to at least get me one of those. Haha! :D

12 comments:

Brandi said...

Wow! That looks like a fun day! I'm glad it all worked out and you got to spend time at both parties! Have a great time at church! (I agree about cards - they do just get tossed!)

Jenilee said...

they all look so cute in their red shirts! :) we had a vday party today too with the homeschool group... it was so crazy I did not even take one picture! ah!

Becca said...

How fun! All the pictures are so cute. I about died from the picture of Lily looking so mad! I love Lily and Kaylee in their matching tops. I am glad they had such a good time! I definitely agree with you on the gifts. I've always told Dustin just to take me out to dinner and I will be happy! I hope you have a great Valentines Day!

Veronica said...

What a fun day! I laughed when I saw the expression on Lily's face in that one picture!

Hope you guys had a nice time at group tonight!

{:miss v:} said...

Lily's face is so funny! Glad you all had a fun day!

Darla said...

I love the pictures! Such beautiful girls you have!!!

Kate said...

Haha, I love Lily's expression!! I can't wait for parties at Molly's school!! Happy Valentine's Day!!

Lynnette Kraft said...

Looks like you had a blast. Poor Lily does indeed look mad in that picture. How funny.

He & Me + 3 said...

Cute pictures. I love how they are all dressed. Cute. I am lucky...my girls are literally 5 doors away from each other on the same hallway. Makes snapping pictures so easy. I will love next year when they are all three in the same building. Woo hoo.
Happy Valentines Day! I got your book yesterday. Thanks so much!
Did you get your package?

4 Blessings said...

I am with you on the cards. If he is going to take the time picking out a card and spending money on it, I would rather him just write me a letter :) Don't get many of those anymore since we are both so busy with the kids. Anyway, we are just staying home. We actually get to babysit some of our friend's baby boy that came home from Ethiopia the same time LL did. So, we will have fun seeing what it is like to have four :) Have a great love day!
Blessings,
Amy

Chris said...

How fun! They are precious! This is why I love my job......these children feel like they are 'our' babies too.....

christy rose said...

LOL You are funny! You are right though! Chocolate is always nice! Anytime! Forget the card bring on the chocolate! :)
Love all the pictures of the girls. They really are so cute!