Something exciting has happened.......we got the lease for our new church facilities!! Morgan was able to draw the plans for the remodel, give them a bid for what it would cost to do it, the time frame, and what it will take to get the job done. Isn't it so neat that this is what Morgan does for a living and now he can use those skills to serve?!! I just love how God works! Please continue to pray for us, because the one thing we don't have the budget for is skilled labor. I'm sure it will be alot different for Morgan to run this project without his usual guys doing the job, so just pray that all of the guys will work well together and be able to use their own skills and talents to get it all done. We plan to have our grand opening on Easter!! How neat......exactly one year after we started going to church as a family!
*******************
We talked today about how we worship because that's how God made us. Worship needs to be important, because it's important to God. People will see reflected in your life what you worship. Jesus looked for authenticity. We discussed the story of the Samaritan woman at the well, where Jesus told her that the Father seeks true worship and a spirit alive on the inside. He wants authentic worship, not religion or just lip service. He desires for us to worship with all of our heart.
True worship is your life. It's not just a song. It's not just saying "I love you", but showing it too. Just like in our own relationships, we don't want to just hear I love you, we want those words plus the actions to prove it. We want it all, not just part of it. We don't want our significant other to be with us, tell us they love us, but the whole time their heart is divided and they're longing for someone else. The same things we want relationally, God wants from His children. That kind of worship is a natural response when you realize what has been given to you. If you don't desire to worship Him in that way, you may not really know Him.
We went from death to life because of what Jesus did for us......what is that worth to you? How do you respond to that rescue? There would be no hope without Christ. We went from hopelessness to new life. The only obvious response to that is your whole life. Romans 12:1 gives a definition of worship, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices. That means you offer your saved life to the One who has saved you. We often struggle in the execution of that, but worship should flow naturally.
David's wife, Michael, was not happy with the way he chose to worship the Lord in 2 Samuel 6:20-22. But, David said he didn't care what others thought. Those who understood the motive behind his worship got it. We need to not care what others think. God is the only one who counts. What is your motivation for worship? The Psalms are are full of ways to worship. God has made us unique and because of the way that He created us, the way we worship will flow from how we are personally. Romans 12:1 is saying that everything we do in life can be acts of worship. The way we love people, the patience we have with our children, kindness to others......if they are from your heart, and not done just because it's the right thing to do, they are acts of worship.
In the story of the Samaritan woman, in John 4:21-24, the first thing Jesus tells her is "believe me". That is where it starts. Once you believe in Him, then you'll want to know Him. Knowing Him leads to trust. And once you trust Him, you will worship Him. He will show you and prove to you that He will give you everything you need. You just have to take Him out of the box you've put Him in and give Him your whole life!
***************
I let Lily draw the winner for my 400th post giveaway for the book, "What Difference Do it Make?" This was so funny, because the winner was Mimi and I just won her giveaway yesterday!! I promise it was done fairly! :D Congratulations, Mimi!!
Hope you all have a great week this week!!!
8 comments:
What a great message at church today! I'm so excited for you guys and the way the Lord opened up the doors for your church's new facility! I will be praying that it will all go smoothely! Easter will be here before you know it!
Congrats to Mimi on winning the book. So cool that you both won each other's giveaways!
Wow that is so cool that Morgan is able to do that for your church. that is just awesome. God is so good! And Amen! "True worship is our life" not just raising our hands during a song but living our life loving the One who loved us first.
congrats to Mimi!
Hope you have a great week! :)
Love what you wrote about "worship."
God is so good. I love what He is doing at your church. Such a blessing for all involved.
Blessings,
Amy
Wow you got a great message. Love the part about worship. I am so excited to read all the books. Thanks for picking my name Lily!
I didn't watch a minute...but had fun playing games with the ladies at the party.
I stand amazed at all the ways that God is working in your lives...That is so neat about Morgan serving God by doing that for your church. Your church sounds awesome. I love all that you are learning and how you are growing in Him since you have been there. I hope it all goes well with the building project.
Congrats to Mimi for being the book winner. (:>)
What a great message! How awesome about the lease and that Morgan gets to be a part of it! God is so awesome! I am so happy for you all right now!! Congrats to Mimi!
Nope, didn't watch the Superbowl at all! Congrats to Mimi!
Post a Comment