A Treasure and a Craft Room

Today, I was continuing my organizing and rearranging frenzy and I found the perfect spot for Abigail's drawing that I won from Lynnette's blog. I don't think I mentioned anything about that on here. Lynnette was having a giveaway for those who purchased one of her books, and the prize was this beautiful drawing that Abigail drew in remembrance of her sister Anna, who went home to be with Jesus. This was one of the highlights of my blogging journey thus far. I just cannot tell you how much I will always treasure this drawing.

A few months after I started blogging, I found Lynnette's blog. I ordered her book because at the time, I was desperate for anything that might help me through my own grief. I remember finishing the book and knowing that God had a reason for me reading it. It was only a week after reading it, that I asked everyone to pray for me, and that started in motion a change in my life and heart that has been amazing! What Lynnette's story did for me is that it gave me hope!

So, today I rearranged some things in my living room and ended up with this:
I just love it. I love the meaning behind it. Even the pictures of the girls are the ones that are on my blog....it just ended up that way. This blogging adventure just reminds me that God knows exactly what we need as individuals to grow and learn and move forward in His plans for us, because He knows us each so intimately. I am amazed at how He used blogging to bring this change in me and to give me hope for my future again.

How neat is it that I had this too that I had bought before, and I just moved it over to this wall? This is even the same verse I have on my blog. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
So, on to my messy craft room! Our office is the first room you see when you walk in the front door. Instead of having a formal dining room, we opted to make this an office. I'm kind of kicking myself now for not having a dining room, but oh well! This is the before/mid-mess picture.
I found this little canvas a while back that says "No matter how many kids a Mom has, she loves each one the best." So true!
My goal for changing up this room was to put a desk for the girls to paint at and do their art/homework. Everything in here, I already had. I have never had curtains in this room before and it made a huge difference. These curtains were some old ones the girls had before.
I moved this desk out of Kaylee's room, since she needed room for her art easel in her room.
I found this little sign, and pretty much all of my signs in this room, at Hobby Lobby. It says "Girls just want to have fun."
Here's my work area. The white dresser and shelf used to be upstairs in the playroom. I get much more use out of them in here.
I found this at the Hallmark store last week. I love it!
Right after I asked everyone to pray for me back in February, and my life began to change, I walked into a local boutique and saw this tile. It was right up front as you walk in and I had never seen religious things in there before. I definitely did not consider it a coincidence.....back then, I was having so many problems with fear and anxiety. Of course, I had to buy it!
It says "Fear not. God is our refuge & our strength."
My favorite thing in this room is my crafty girl art print. It says "Some girls are extra crafty."
That table that has the white cloth on it is my mom's old sewing machine table. It's an ugly dark brown, so I just threw the tablecloth over it. LOL!
So, that's my craft room/office. I'm definitely not a decorator, but I do like to organize and try to make the most out of the things I already have on hand. I really think this new layout will help us to get much better use out of this room.

9 comments:

Lauren said...

absolutely beautiful!!!!!

I love Lynette's book - it has definitely helped me through some of my own grief. Your living room hope arrangement is just amazing!

Kate said...

Great job!! I love all of the pics and sayings, I am all about that! I need constant reminders during the day of things that I love to read!!

christy rose said...

I love the arrangement on your living room wall! It is a statement of the grace of God, His love for you and His hand upon your life. Great job on the craft room too.

Linda said...

Kristin I love the wall grouping that now includes Abigail's drawing. I like that you hung "HOPE" there with it!!!!

Our God most certainly is a God of Hope! I just love what He has done for you in the last year. Your story is so inpiring and you always share hope with those of us who read your blog.

Way to get organized! When I get over being sick I feel like I want to do some organizing too.

The New Year brings Hope for us all.

Love, Momma Linda

Holly said...

I bet it's nice to have those sayings to remind you throughout the day.

He & Me + 3 said...

Isn't Hobby Lobby the best. They have the best door and wall hangings. Yours are beautiful and i love the scriptures on them. Love that you have a craft room.
Hugs,
Mimi

Becca said...

I think it looks great! I love all the little quotes and such throughout the room, so fun!

I could really use some of your determination over at this place. It is always a mess and I can never find anything!

Bay Jones said...

Love the room! For some reason, even as hard as I try, I can not seem to finish a project. Great job!

Kari said...

I'm in love with your craftroom. I wish I had that much space. I guess I have the entire basement if I wanted which is 1200 square feet - but who wants to stay in a dungeon all day????
Congrats on winning the picture!