You know how I was saying I often wake up and I'll be singing a song in my head, like I just keep hearing the song over and over? It's no surprise, since I do love music so much. This morning was no different. I was laying there, after pushing snooze about 3 times (LOL!) and I was singing:
"In the end we're all God's children now......we gotta learn to love"
"In the end we're all God's children now......we gotta learn to love"
Just singing it over and over. I knew it was a Leeland song, because I was hearing Leeland sing it, but it is not one that I normally listen to. You know how when you have a favorite CD, there are always a few that you usually skip over? Well, this is one that I almost always skip over. I don't know why, because it's actually a pretty good song. It's just not one of my favorites. I even had to look it up to see what CD it was off of and what the actual title of it is.
I did think it was kind of weird that it would be the one going through my mind, until I actually realized what the words were that I was singing. Then, it was another one of those moments that could easily be dismissed as coincidence (which is exactly what Morgan did), but I just know better, because I was praying about something very specific last night and told God that He was just going to have to give me a sign about it or something, because I have no idea if it's His will or not. I still don't even know.
You see, it's something that I have always known that I wanted, since I was a little girl, and then life just happened and it got pushed aside. And then I thought it just probably wouldn't ever be possible, but that was before I learned that with God, all things are possible. It's something that I've always been passionate about, because it's something that has blessed my life so much. It's not a decision to be taken lightly though, and of course, it's not just my decision to make. It's one that I expect most of our family won't "get". I also realize that it may not be God's will and there may be other plans He has for us to do that will fulfill His purpose better, and I'm excited about whatever those plans are for our family.
So, as I lay in bed last night, praying that God would help me understand His will for our family regarding adoption, I just told Him that I know if it's meant to be, that it will fall into place, but if He wanted to give me a sign or something, that would be great too. Ha! And then when I woke up singing,
"In the end we're all God's children now........we gotta learn to love,"
it was hard for me not to think that it might just be that sign that I prayed for, because All God's Children is the adoption agency that I have been researching. I don't know if it was a sign or not, but I just wanted to document this, in case it does turn out that we take that journey one day. It will take lots of prayer, but I know that if this is what God has planned, He will show us the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Prayers that God will let you know His plan.
Don't you love it when God speaks?!!!
Wow! That's so cool! I will continue to pray that the Lord reveal His will to you. I know that if it's meant to be, He will open up those doors!
OMGosh Kristin that is so awesome. I love that you documented it too. Just so wonderful that you are open to that...God will give you that peace and will bless you in your decisions.
Cool that you documented it so you can look back and say 'Hey, God spoke to me and I listened!!!' Awesome!
Wow! That's amazing, Kristin! I'll be praying for God's will for your lives to be made clear and that you would follow where He leads.
That is pretty cool! I'll be praying that you see what the Lord has in store for your family!
I have been wondering if adoption was in your future...and I don't even really know you:-) I am praying the Lord will continue to show you how and when. I think "of course" that is His plan:-) God is BIG and I know He will be faithful to speak to you and your husband and then you will know when to take the leap of faith. It is a leap of faith, but so much fun to watch God work miracles to set the orphan if families! He is a mountain mover!
Will be praying for you!
Jenny
Come by, I've got something for you on todays's post!
Praying for God's will to shine through. I love it when he sends us little signs.
I'm hoping that the sign is just the beginning of the changes for you. A good story to record in a journal or scrapbook. The beginning to a wonderful story.
Wow Kristen! I got chill bumps reading this! I am so excited to see what God has in store for your family. :)
That is so great Kristin! I am sure God has such wonderful plans for you and your family!
Post a Comment