Prayers for Parker

I wanted to ask you all for some prayers today for my friend, Rachel. Rachel's blog is one of the first ones I started reading and she owns the cutest online boutique for babies called Jack & Cole Designs. She is the sweetest person and loves the Lord with all of her heart, and that shows in the way that she loves others too. She has been so encouraging to me with my own business and such a sweet friend. One day, I hope to meet her because she doesn't live too far from me.

Rachel just had her third little boy a few weeks ago. His name is Parker. When they were in the hospital, she went through the scariest moment with him, when she looked in his bassinet and realized he wasn't breathing and was turning blue. He had a large amount of mucus in his throat, but the nurses were able to save him. The Lord was definitely watching over them, because they were supposed to have been discharged that day, but it didn't work out, and it was a blessing because Rachel said the nurses saved his life.

Rachel is now back at Texas Children's Hospital with Parker and has been for several days. I have been following along with her status updates on facebook. He started out with RSV and now has collapsed lungs and pneumonia. I know Rachel could really use our prayers for Parker and for her too, as you can imagine how exhausting it would be to spend your days in the hospital, especially when it involves your baby. You won't hear Rachel complaining though.....through it all she just keeps praising the Lord for His blessings.

So, won't you please stop by Rachel's blog and let her know that you're praying for her? You can stop by and see some pictures of little Parker too........he is adorable!

****************************************
As I was typing this, I just heard that already, 35 million dollars has been raised by Americans for the Haiti relief effort, but even that is not enough. I can hardly watch the news without tearing up. These are God's children. It breaks my heart. I read there are children who already have adoptions in the works and just need to get here to America to be with their forever families. I saw a woman earlier who said that she knows God loves her now, because her three children were saved. I know we all are praying for the Haitian people and relief workers and I know that the Lord is near them.

"When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I'll be there." Matthew 18:19-20 (the Message)

13 comments:

christy rose said...

I justed stopped over to meet Rachel and her sweet baby Parker. I am lifting them up in prayer and the people in Haiti too. God loves them and us all so much!!!

Jenilee said...

I went and said hello as well. what a precious baby! so hard seeing babies that small so sick.

Veronica said...

I will be sure to stop by Rachel's blog and say hi. I will definitely be praying for her and Parker and the people in Haiti too.

4 Blessings said...

I will pray for Parker and his family. Also, thank you for adding my link. I really hope I get to 200.
Blessings,
Amy

Rachel www.jackandcoledesigns.com said...

Kristin,
I cannot thank you enough for posting about Parker! I am overwhelmed with joy at how sweet you have been to me. You are such a blessing to me.. more than you will ever know!
We WILL have to meet soon! I need to hug you in person!! Until then, here is your blog hug.. ((hug))
Keep praying!!

Kari said...

It hurts to hear news like Parkers. I will pray for him and his parents. Scout wasn't breathing when he was born and they were able to resuscitate him - and we are aware of all the complications that can come from a moment like that. I pray for strength for them as well.

Angelica said...

Will be visiting her blog. Prayers will be lifted for her and her family.

I also stopped at Amy's blog and left a comment. Such a great thing that she is doing for her 200th post!

Oh, and those were some hot rumpers! I had one too I just don't have a picture with them on. But I loved them!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Mich said...

prayers...

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com said...

praying for Parker and for Rachel and definitely for Haiti too!

Katie said...

Praying for this sweet baby, how scary.

Kate said...

I will be praying for Rachel and Parker!!

Chris said...

My prayers are with Rachael and her family! Also, with all who are in and involved in Haiti. Such a tragedy that saddens my heart! I just keep praying and asking God to hold of them in His hands! :0

Holly said...

Wow, that is an amazing number that has been raised so far. Keep on giving America!! I will stop by Rachel's.