So, I am supposed to tell 7 things about myself.1. I finished reading "The Purpose Driven Life" last week and it was a great book, but I'm still not sure what my purpose is!
2. I own the domain mommyhoodrocks.com, and it's coming up for expiration next month, and I can't decide if I should keep it or not. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but I don't want to let go of it. I always thought that would make a great name for a maternity boutique: Mommyhood Rocks! What do you think? I don't think I will ever let go of my dreams to own a real boutique one day.
3. On 7/7/07, a guy tried to steal my purse at Kroger in the parking lot. Emphasis on the word "try" because he did not succeed! I used my UFC skills on him and he gave up. At least that's the way I remember it. LOL! Anyhow, it was months before I would carry a real purse again after that.
4. That same year, I got some Christmas money and bought me a nice designer purse, the first expensive purse I had ever owned. I am still carrying that same purse and I have learned that you really do get what you pay for because it still looks brand new!
5. Madison is participating in the Spelling UIL competition this weekend. Last year, she won 1st place, so wish her luck!
6. I read that if just 7% of Christians adopted a single orphan, there would be no more orphans. So, why do you think that we, as Christians, don't do what the Lord has commanded us to do to help the least of these?
7. I gave our dog, Bella, a bath last night and the doggie shampoo wasn't nearby, so I used the girls' coconut Suave all-in-one shampoo. LOL! She is super soft and shiny today.
Hope everyone has a great day!!
12 comments:
Congrats on your award! Good book, but it's not suppose to reveal your purpose. God will do that as you seek Him. The answer may not come immediately, but keep seeking and you will hear.
Keep the domain name. I own about 10 that aren't being used, but I refuse to give them up!
Way to fight off a man! Awesome!
You're right about getting what you pay for!
As for the adoption. We are suppose to help the widows, orphans and needy - but He will give us each our own assignment, so I personally don't believe that adopting is everybody's calling in that area. For those He is calling to do that, there will be a desire in their hearts to do so and hopefully those people will follow that leading (I always think of Amy at Filled With Praise in regards to this).
I'm thinking the girls shampoo smells better than the dog shampoo!
A maternity boutique, online or IRL would be awesome. Women will always be having babies, so your demographic will always be huge!
Have a great day lady!
Congrats on the award. I loved reading your answers.
I really like the domain name you have the rights to...keeping it means you are keeping your dream alive.
Did they ever catch the man who tried to rob you? That is scary.
You know how I feel about the adoption statement :)
Blessings,
Amy
Yay for another award!
Loved reading your list even though I knew all of them already. :) I almost forgot that you had that other domain, come to think of it. That would be so much fun to make something of it some day, whatever that ends up being.
LOL about using the girls' shampoo on Bella. I also use Suave but not the coconut kind. For some reason, I'm not too fond of coconut.
That's awesome about Madison. I'll be praying that she does well again this year!
congrats on the award, my friend.
Congrats on the award. You most definitely are a beautiful blogger and a beautiful person. I loved reading these things about you. I did the Purpose Driven Life many years ago and thought it was ok but you are right about it really not giving what the title leads you to believe. But I believe that is because we all truly only have one pupose and that is to seek to know the Truth, Jesus Christ, and the power of His resurrection. As we live in the depth of that relationship with Him, growing in the revelation of the Truth, we will live each and every single day in our purpose because we will be directed by His Spirit that lives in us. Sometimes, I think that we get confused because we seek our purpose in other things other than Him. But, if we just let Him be our purpose then what we do with our time will be led by Him in rest and peace, not confusion or worry.
Congrats on your award.
Wow that purse story would scare me into not carrying a purse either.
Interesting about the orphans.
I will have to try our shampoo on Angel.
Congrats on your award!
Loved all your 'about me' things! Giving the dog a bath with the kiddos shampoo is hilarious!
Hey Congrats for the award!!!
OH wow! Way to fight off a man! I would be absolutely terrified! My dream is to open up a Maternity store of some sort around here because there are NONE! I wish Madison the best of luck with the spelling. I know she will do great!
Wow, love that Bella is shiny, that one cracked me up! A very staggering % of orphans and adoptions. I can totally see you fighting a guy off!!
You crack me up. I finally bought myself ( Rob did) a coach purse. It was worth the money. I use it everyday and it is great quality. Everything else I buy falls apart. I love these, so funny. I still can't believe you fought off your attacker. Crazy girl (: good for you though I would have done the same. I would have been lecured later by Rob but I don't give up. I love mommy hood Rocks. I like business that are named after somthing important in your life too. It would get customers engaged with the owner and the meaning. Just my 2 cents, kind of like your online store.
Congrats on your award! Now is the 7% people who process to be Christians or people who actually are Christians? Just made me wonder b/c that would prolly be a big difference in number. Don't know why I thought of that.
Post a Comment