Santa made an appearance.
And I just thought y'all would like to see the horses, since some people have this idea that us Texans ride around on horses all day. Yee-haw! :D
There were quite a few people on the Chamber of Commerce float. It was all the children/grandchildren of the board members.
Here's Lily, sitting on Grandma's lap, then Kaylee in the middle and Madison on the right. They looked so cute.....they gave them blue Santa hats and white feather boas to wear. You know my girly girls were loving that!
It was pretty chilly and so foggy today, so I was hoping they were having a good time. I had dropped them off about an hour and a half before it started, so I wasn't sure, but when they made it to where Morgan and I were, you could tell they were having the best time! Madison saw us first, then Kaylee, and Lily was throwing candy and just smiling so big.
Here's a cute photo I caught of Kaylee's "parade wave." :) Last night, Morgan heard lots of sirens and he asked me if it was supposed to be the night that Santa comes down the street. I hadn't seen any signs, so I wasn't sure. Every year, the local volunteer fire department rides up and down every neighborhood street in our area and they have Santa on top of the fire truck and throw candy and play music. It's SO neat!!!!
Well, sure enough, the sirens got really loud and it was because they were on our street. The girls had their PJ's on, so they threw on some shoes and we ran outside to see Santa. It was so foggy that you could barely see! Here's a picture of the fire truck lit up:
Here's the ambulance coming back up the street. They have about 3 emergency vehicles they drive, along with Santa on the fire truck. It was so foggy that all the moisture was getting on my camera lens :(
Here's a video of it......it's got lots of sirens, but I thought y'all would think it was neat. It really is so neat to see it go by and hear Santa and the music! I just love the area we live in now! It's like a small town feel. These little things they do just make Christmas so special for the kids. And now that they are doing the parade too, it will be something else to look forward to every year!
Oh, don't pay attention to me talking on this video either! I guess my voice gets really high when I get excited. LOL!
So, we had a fun weekend! We had a great message at church today too......I'll do a seperate post on it later. Hope you all had a great weekend too!
9 comments:
WOW! That is sooo neat! What a nice thing for them to do for all of the kids during Christmas. My town should be ashamed of themselves!
The pictures from the parade are so cute. I can tell they were having a ball especially Lily! I think she is too funny!
They all looked so cute in their blue and white. I loved the float and what a fun experience to be in a parade. Great job capturing pictures. How fun also to see Santa on top of a fire truck...That is so cool.
Looks like the girls were having the best time on the float! I love their hats too!
That's pretty cool about the fire truck with Santa coming through too. You sure wouldn't see anything like that around here!
That's so fun!
We have a fire station at the corner of my street and it would be so cool to see something like that!
Oh what fun! Reminds me of when we would go to my great grandma's house Christmas eve and "Santa" would show up door to door and pass out candy canes to the kids. One year my youngest brother was so frightened of Santa that the whole way home he kept saying, "I don't want Santa to come to our house!" We're not really doing Santa with our kids, because I want them to focus on the real meaning of Christmas...plus, I'm sure they will get enough of Santa from my parents and siblings. It was so fun to hear your voice too - makes me want to meet you in real life even more!
what cute pictures of the girls on the float! I'm sure that was so fun for them! :) and what a great idea for the fire dept to do that!!
that looks like so much FUN!!! I love all the pictures - thanks so much for sharing!! :)
It looks like a blast! I love the picture of Kaylee and her parade wave! So sweet! And the blue and white was beautiful! What a memory for them all!!
I bet they were so excited to be in the parade and throw candy! They look cute in their hats!
Post a Comment