Friends, Behold Jesus, and Ditto!

Yesterday, we went to my friend Julie's house and the girls got to exchange presents and have fun. Madison met her daughter, Tori, in preschool and they've been best friends ever since. It works out well because her younger daughter, Tali, is only a year older than Kaylee.

Julie was one of the first friends I made after moving into our new house. I met her on Madison's first day of Kindergarten, and through talking, discovered that they owned a lot on our street and were planning to build a house there! They ended up moving into a different subdivision, but our girls have still been friends for almost 5 years.......they sure have grown up alot in these past 5 years!
I like how Lily is looking up to the "big girls"
They had these fun things you sit on and as soon as you move the handles back and forth, they start moving. Have y'all seen these? They're so neat! I even got on for a minute, but Lily got mad at me for taking her ride. Ha! Julie had went to grab her camera too......so glad that didn't end up on film! LOL!
I think this picture is hilarious......Lily didn't look too happy that the crate was in her way. :D

Crash!
---------------------------------------------------
Did you see my Leeland concert post? Scroll down to watch the clips! It was SO amazing!
---------------------------------------------------
Today at church, the message was called "What Child is This?" We talked about Jesus today and who He was/is. Our Pastor talked about how it's acceptable for everyone to talk about God, but the minute you say "Jesus", you're labeled as a religious nut. No other name is attacked like Jesus. No other God-like name is used as a curse word either, like Jesus is. However, millions still say they've been changed by Him, thousands of years later. Jesus even split human history into two parts - before Him and after Him.

We talked about the word "behold" and how it means to take notice or pay attention, and looked at the places in the Bible where it is used in relation to Jesus.

Behold, Jesus the baby: We looked at Isaiah 7:14, where the prophecy of Jesus' birth was written 700 years prior to it happening. "Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel." We talked about how Mary was a scared teen and unknown. We talked about how the manger scene wasn't nearly as glamorous as it has been made out to be.

Behold, Jesus the lamb: We looked at John 1:29, when John the Baptist said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" The people of that time were very familiar with how animal sacrifices were made to atone for sin. Jesus was the sacrifice that was born to die for our sins.

Behold, Jesus the man: Jesus was God in the flesh. He loved the lowest of people and the religious leaders hated Him because of it. After being beaten to almost death, the created mocked the Creator and Pilate said to them, "Behold the Man!" in John 19:5 and they shouted to crucify Him. Still, He prayed for forgiveness of them, when he could've cried out to be rescued and legions of angels would've been right there to rescue Him.

Behold, Jesus the soon returning King: Jesus said in Revelation 22:12, "Behold, I am coming quickly." Jesus will come and claim the Kingdom that's already been won.

Behold, Jesus wants to share life with you!: In Revelation 3:20, Jesus says to the church, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." He is saying this to the lukewarm church, who he wanted to spit out of His mouth. He calls them out because He loves them. He's telling them that even though they were disobedient, that if they'll let Him in, it can be made right and they won't have this lukewarm problem anymore.

If we invite Jesus in, we can have peace, joy, contentment. It won't be perfect, but it will change your life in a way that you won't find anywhere else. We sometimes miss the message of who Christ was. He gave us hope, new life, and forgiveness. We should worship not the concept of Jesus, but worship the soon-coming King who is knocking and desires to come in!
---------------------------------------------------------
One more funny thing......this is my friend Julie's Christmas decoration this year. This photo ended up on our local news station. This is actually a picture I took of the photo on my computer. Her neighbor (on the left) goes all out every holiday on decorations. So Julie's husband made this sign that says
"<---Ditto" LOL!!! Is that not the most hilarious thing ever?!! Cracks me up! I had to explain to the girls what "ditto" means though! Ha!

Have a great holiday week, everyone!! We have our church's kid's party to get ready for tonight! Morgan's Mom is having a party at her house too, so it's going to be a busy night.

9 comments:

Jenilee said...

I love that! Ditto! that would be so funny to actually see in person. I told Jeremy and he thought it was funny. :)

Kate said...

I would totally do that! haha! So true what your Pastor said about Jesus. Wow.

Joyeful said...

That is hilarious!! LoL!! And I'm off to check out your Leeland post!

Becca said...

Awe! I LOVE the pictures of the girls! They all look so cute in their matching tops! That was a great message at Church. Thank you for sharing that. The ditto is soooo hilarious. What a funny idea!

{:miss v:} said...

Have fun at your parties! That ditto sign is hilarious!

He & Me + 3 said...

What a fun time with your friends. Ditto...to cute. I love it. Loved your pastors sermon too. I want to behold all that HE is.

Holly said...

It's nice that Julie's girls are/around your girls' age. Those little ride things look neat. I think I heard about them.

That's so funny that they did the ditto thing. I saw that in one of those email forwards not too long ago. It's funny!

Lauren said...

OH MY GOSH!!! THat's the funniest thing I've ever seen!!!!!! I love it! hahahahaa

christy rose said...

Oh my goodness! I am so far behind in visiting you! I had to go back and catch up because I did not want to miss anything, especially at Christmas time! I loved the message from your pastor about "Behold Jesus"
That was so good. "We should worship not the concept of Jesus, but worship the soon-coming King who is knocking and desires to come in!" I loved this quote too. It reminds me of the thing that God has been rolling inside of me over this Christmas season, in that Jesus is our gift all packaged up in everything good for all of eternity. But, our gift is not the package, or the concept, but the Person. We have to open the package to enjoy the Gift everyday of our lives. I just love it!

And, that picture of the house decorated for Christmas and the ditto sign? Oh my! I laughed so hard! That is hilarious! He is a smart man! :)