A Visit to Forks

Like my shoes? LOL!
I had to get me some cool shoes to go visit this place: I was laughing when I saw this sign on the fence :)
for a date with this guy: (Don't worry.....Morgan knew all about it!)
for this kind of Birthday party:
with the best friend a girl could ever have, my buddy Jennifer!
Last night, Jennifer had her Twilight themed Birthday party and we had a good time. Don't you just love the cake she had? See the Edward lanyard that I'm wearing?.....those were the cutest VIP pass invitations that she gave us. I would've posted a close-up, but her address was on them. She's so funny......she decorated her whole house with all kids of posters. Jennifer dressed up like Bella, brown wig and all.

She found lots of cute decorations.....this was a neat candle holder that she ordered:
Look at these werewolf cupcakes! Neat, huh?!!
It was lots of fun getting to spend time with Jennifer. We rarely get to do anything together. I don't know how I would've made it all these years without her by my side. She was my first true friend that I made in 8th grade when we moved here, and we've been best friends ever since. I'm so thankful that she is in my life!
-----------------------------------
Okay, I know I was supposed to draw the giveaway winner, but I've been too lazy to do it so it may have to wait until tomorrow. LOL! After church, I took the girls to get their Halloween costumes and that was exhausting! Ha! Looks like we'll be having Cleopatra, Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and a ladybug at our house on Halloween.
-----------------------------------
I think I'll do a separate post on what I learned at church today, just so this one isn't so long!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!
Keep praying for little Almanzo (Stephanie's baby boy). He is still in the NICU, having breathing issues, either from an infection or just underdeveloped lungs due to his being 2 weeks early. She's been updating her blog, so be sure to stop by and let her know you're thinking about her!

10 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What a cute party. She went all out and that cake looks awesome! Very creative. He is one handsome guy. Glad you had a great time. It is always nice to spend time with just the girls & with your BFF.

Linda said...

Cute shoes! Abigail would LOVE them. (Smile)

Glad you had some fun time with your BFF. She is a pretty gal. I am glad she has been such a good friend to you. I am sure she treasures you also.

I have been checking on Almonzo on Stephanie's blog. John and I are praying for him. Hope he is doing better soon.

We still didn't go to church today because we still are not feeling very good. Better,... but not like ourselves, and so tired.

We have been without phones for several days and the phone guy came out today. They just said on a message from 8 to 8, so we had to stay home for him too.

People at church will be thinking we have changed churches! Ha! And next Sunday we are maybe going to be out of town again, so they will really wonder about us. (They know we travel though, since John has been retired).

Glad you had a good day. I did some more Christmas shopping online since I didn't go anywhere.

TTYL,
Momma Linda

Angie said...

I love the twilight themed party! How fun!!! I love edward - I might have to steal that idea from your friend! How neat that you were able to spend time with her and have been friends for so long! I love it!

I have been praying for Almonzo as well and will continue to do so.

Have a great week!

Veronica said...

Hey! Looks like a fun party! I love the pic of you and Jennifer! You are such a cool friend to dress up for the party! Your shoes were pretty cool and the cake looked awesome!

Glad you got the girls' costumes squared away. I kinda feel bad now that Alyssa's getting older that I don't let her dress up but that's just the way I feel about it. No big deal.

I will email you later when I get the chance. Hope you had a good time at church today!

Becca said...

AGH!!!! That is definitely the coolest party ever!!! I love the cake and all of those cute decorations. Such a great idea!

Can't wait to see pictures of all the girls in their costumes!

Kari said...

Fun party! Never even seen the Twilight stuff (I know, I know, I'm behind), but I love themes!
Cool costumes for the girlies!
And church was great today for us - if I wrote a post about it, it would be extremely long. I could just post his sermon notes if they have them - it would be alot easier!

Kate said...

So I have never read or watched Twilight, I know...I am like the only one out there! Looks like a great party, and awesome food!! I loved your shoes, so stylin'!

Holly said...

Oh my gosh! What a great party! I love it! I think a Twilight party would be awesome and I love all of what she did. You had me, b/c I really thought you went to Forks at first when I say your post title. I was thinking 'so not fair!' lol

Katie said...

This is awesome. I can't wait till the movie comes out.

christy rose said...

That looks like a fun party. It is really neat that you have a friend that is still close to you that you have had since 8th grade. I have a friend that is still close to me who I have known since 7th grade. She just went on vacation with my family last month. Those long lasting friendships do not come along very often. You have a gem and so do I. Counting our blessings!