I was not looking forward to today. Today involved a doctor's appointment, and there is not really anything in this world that brings me to extreme panic worse than a doctor's appointment. I wasn't always this way. I used to love appointments because that meant I got to miss work! But, I guess when you spend 3 days in the ICU, knowing that your waiting will result in someone you love being taken from you, waiting in the doctor's office will tend to elicit the same panic response.
So, I woke up this morning knowing this was the day. The coolest thing happened though.....I realized that I had dreamed about waiting in the doctor's office. And guess who was sitting right beside me, as we waited for what seemed like hours? My Mom! When I woke up, I could see the picture of her from my dream, sitting right beside me!
And do you want to know what the song was that I just happened to be humming? It's called "All Around Me" off the new David Crowder Band CD. The line I was humming was "I can feel you all around me, thickening the air I'm breathing." Then, "I'm alive, I'm alive". Then to "You said you would never leave me, I believe you, I believe."
Wow! I was just humming the tune and then I realized what the actual words were to the parts I was singing. This is what it means to be loved by the Lord. It's like He was telling me that it's okay, my Mom is okay, and He is with me. I believe!
So, I had made this dermatologist's appointment after looking at this bump on my arm for three years and knowing that I really should get it checked out. I felt like God kept sending me reminders to go......I kept hearing about other people with skin cancer, and other forms of cancer, so I finally broke down and made an appointment. It turns out that this bump isn't even anything to worry about.......he said it's just some type of scar tissue and won't give me any problems. However, there was one spot on my back that Morgan's been bugging me about for years, and wouldn't you know the Dr. decided to remove it, because he didn't like the way it looked. Maybe God placed that bump on my arm just to get me to finally get the other one checked out! I am thanking God for his blessings today. And for prayers answered.
In other news, I added a few more things to my shop yesterday. I'm working on more stuff today. These are some thumbtacks I made and I added a few more ponytail holders and magnet sets. I hope you see something you like =)
9 comments:
How awesome is that!!! I bet you had no problem at the doctors after experiencing that! I am so glad that everything looked good though. I am headed over to your shop as soon as I finish typing these words~ Have a great day!
I am SO glad that everything went so well for you today and so proud of you that you took that step! I just kept praying that you would have peace and I was so happy to read how everything went so well! That is also pretty neat that you had a dream with your mom in it!
As for your shop, I LOVE the new things you're adding...especially the things with the crosses! I hope you have a good rest of your day and I will talk to you soon!
Glad everything went well and that song is awesome. I need to go check out the new stuff you have listed. Thanks for the reminders.
Reading this tonight made me so excited as you were describing your dream and the song. God is so good. He does love us so much!
I am glad you went to the doctor. Now you feel glad that you did too, huh? I hate going to the doctor too. But, definitely not for the same reasons you do. I just don't like going and being messed with. I guess. :)
Now, I am heading over to check out your new stuff at your shop.
How great is God huh? I am so happy that all went well at your appointment. Isn't it wonderful how the Lord shows us His love in so many different ways!
That is really a great story...I am a little late on the blog hop...Loved visiting your blog...I love the blog hops....
Be sure and stop by my Christmas blog...a great giveaway will be given away Sunday night....
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
Glad you followed that tugging....I lost my Mom 2 years ago to heart related issues...I got so uptight about checkups...still am to some point BUT...The Lord is always there. :)
The thumbtacks are dear!
Glad everything went well. What an amazing moment.
All the things in your shop are adorable!
Kristin I wake up with songs in my head all of the time, and so does John. We love it when that happens. God is so awesome!
I dreamed of Anna when we were on our trip and I had to call Lynnette and tell her that Anna hugged me and kissed me in my dream and when I woke up I could still feel her closeness. I thought of her all day that day and everything reminded me of her.
I think that was a gift from God to us...don't you? God loves us so much!
Ok, now I am going to listen to the song you posted.
Love you,
Momma Linda
Post a Comment