I started my blog at one of the lowest points in my life. I had lost my Mom unexpectedly 4 years prior, and was really just going through the motions. Then, something amazing happened when I prayed that the Lord would show me who He was. That prayer, along with the many prayers from my blogging friends has resulted in forever altering the course of my life and my family's life. It didn't just change the fact that we now go to church and bible study; it changed our hearts. I love to share what I am learning on my journey.
I also love to share how much adoption has blessed my life. I love to share about what my girls are up to. I love to share my favorite books and music. I love to be creative too, and I have my own business that I use to help raise money for different causes that I believe in. Most of all, I just love to meet new blogging friends. I believe that the Lord used blogging to bring me back to Him, and I believe that this strong community of Christian women bloggers really can change the world!
Lynnette gave us some fun questions to help us get to know a little bit more about each other:
1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while you're blogging? Usually, I just drink coffee while I'm blogging.
2. What is one thing you wouldn't want to live without? My family.
3. Beach, Mountains or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice? I think I would live on the beach, just so I could stare out at the ocean all day.
4. What's your least favorite chore/household duty? Vacuuming and mopping!
5. Who do people say you remind them of? I don't think anyone's ever said I remind them of anyone.
6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying at home with the fam? Definitely staying home! I've always been that way!
7. What's your all time favorite movie? I love Sweet Home Alabama, but I have many faves.
8. Do you sleep in your make up or remove it like a good girl every night? I've always slept in my makeup......horrible, I know!
9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it? I wish I could play the guitar. I want to learn everything I can about the Bible. I want to know the history of it, I want to understand who the people were, I want to know everything! I wish I knew how to sew too.
10. What's one strange thing you're really good at? Spelling.
11. What first attracted you to your spouse? He makes me laugh.
12. What is something you love to smell? Pumpkin spice candles, coffee.
13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people. I'm way too quiet.
14. When you have extra money (HA!) what's the first thing you think to do with it? Buy things the girls need, usually shoes or clothes. Buy myself a new book or CD.
15. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest? Not silent, but not obnoxiously loud.......my girls usually make me laugh the hardest, or when Larry the Cable Guy does his bit about his Grandma getting the "walking farts". Oh my.....there's just no classy way to say that, huh?! That is the funniest comedy skit I've ever seen in my life though!
16. Where is your favorite place to shop? Barnes & Noble and Target
17. What's one thing you'd do more often if you had more time? Read.
18. Are you a big spender or frugal? I am so cheap that I struggle with spending $7 on a shirt at Target, yet I'll spend $5 on a Starbucks coffee.
19. Who is your favorite character of all time (from a movie or book)? (Can't be real) I love the way God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are portrayed in the book, "The Shack".
20. Would you want to be famous? Only if it was something like being a famous writer or singer.....something where I could minister to others, something where I could do good with my fame.
16 comments:
You are so interesting I think you are. You are quiet that is funny because you have so much to share you need to get out of your shell. The quiet ones are the ones I always want to talk so I can hear what is on their minds.. Hope you have a nice weekend.
Love ya.
I loved learning all these new things about you! I drink coffee when I blog too. Sometimes, we are probably having coffee together. That is a nice thought huh?
Hey! This was fun, huh? I guess after this one we're finding that there are a few things that we don't have in common! I almost didn't think that was possible! :)
I do know what you mean about being semi frugal but then not even thinking twice about getting a coffee for almost $5.00!
P.S. I can't believe you actually like dusting more than vacuuming!
I loved the Shack too! The way they portrayed Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit really brought things to life for me.
I love that you are good at spelling. that made me laugh. how fun! :) i do ok, I guess but I really miss the spell check on the blog editor!!! so, make sure to tell me if I mispell something. :)
Oh, I didn't think about how good I am at spelling! Except when I mis-type. :) Great getting to know you - I'm a new follower o' yours! :)
So loved "meeting" you at the blog party! Loved reading your answers. This is my first every blog party and I'm really enjoying finding all these amazing blogs!
What a great question and answer time. I am so not good at spelling. Thank God for spell check:) Where you the one that always won the spelling bees?
It would be so relaxing to just stare at the ocean all day! I'd fall asleep and get sunburnt! :) Boooo to mopping! hahahaha I wish I knew how to sew better too. I can do basic stuff and that's about it. I prolly irritate people too when I'm quiet. When I first meet someone I'm really shy!
Loved this...Your profile pic (the wedding one) does remind me of someone every time I look at it, but can't think of who. I use to play the guitar and can still play a few things. I stopped after about 4 years and never got back into it. My dad, bro.ski and hubby all play. Liked the fact that you struggle with a $7 shirt but spend $5 on coffee! We're so alike. Always love learning about you. Get to sewing girl!!!
Haha, I hear you on not wanting to buy a shirt, but you will get coffee! Too funny! Loved your answers!
Hey Kristin,
So very nice to meet you. Love your blog.
I also enjoyed the Shack, what a great book.
I'm sorry about your mom. I lost my mom as a young mother like you.
It rocked my world.
I'll be back♥
I loved sweet home alabama too. Nice meeting you.
Nice to meet you through the blog party!! :)
Enjoyed reading your comments today.
I really liked Sweet Home Alabama, too! And I almost put spelling as my answer to something I'm really good at. :-) It was nice to meet you!
In Christ,
Angela @ Eternal Outlook
Post a Comment