The Gift of Family

"He declared that from that day forward, you would be known as Kristin Denise Long, then hit his gavel........Baby, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind or your Dad's, that the Lord had this all planned from the very beginning." --Dana Kay Long

Lynnette asked us the other day if we had any photos that we might like for her to enhance or make look better. I remembered this photo and told her it would mean alot to me if she could see what she could do because this photo represents such a wonderful day to me. This was the day of my final adoption hearing, the day God's perfect plan came true to give me the most precious gift there is on Earth.......the gift of a family!

Here is the before picture. It was a scanned photo and starting to darken and yellow from age.

Here, she made the colors so much more vivid!

Here is a black and white version.

And a little bit different color version.


Thank you so much, Lynnette! I will definitely be printing and framing one of these! I just love them!!

Adoption is such a beautiful blessing. I think about my friend Amy, and that one day she will have her own family adoption picture with Elijah! If you haven't stopped by her blog lately, she has an Etsy shop, is selling ornaments, and has a coffee fundraiser going on now too, to help raise money for Elijah's adoption fund.

I'm still donating 50% of my sales to her fund too. Several people have asked me how long that will be going on, and I really don't have an answer for you. Ha! I don't have any plans to stop anytime soon. I'll probably just keep doing it until the end of the year. I know my shop is starting to look a little bare again, and I do have plans to add new things.......I've just been a little busy lately. I'm planning to add red and green bows for Christmas and I'm going to work on some Christmas signs too. If there's anything specific you would like, just let me know and I'll try my best to make it and add it to my shop! Thank you so much to everyone who has been so encouraging and supportive! Being able to help in some way gives me purpose.

10 comments:

4 Blessings said...

I just love what she did with you picture. I too cannot wait until we have our picture with Elijah. What a beautiful day that will be. Thank you my friend for all that you are doing for Elijah. Some day he will be thanking God for you and others who cared enough to bring him home. God bless you.
Amy

He & Me + 3 said...

That is so awesome that she edited those pictures for you. They turned out fabulous. Waiting for some more ponytail holders in your store. :)

the Spocks said...

Lynnette did a great job enhancing that picture.

Adoption is a wonderful way to add to a family.

Amy said...

That was so sweet of Lynnette! I know you treasure that picture so I am sure it is really great to have it enhanced! I can't wait to see all the Christmas bows and all!

Kate said...

So sweet, and the pics look great! I can't wait to see everything that you have added!

Holly said...

Lynnette did a great job with your photo. It looks awesome!!!

christy rose said...

I think the editing on that last picture is great! It is bright and much more clear! She did a great job! I have a few pics I would love to have that done to.

Veronica said...

So proud of all you've done with your shop and helping others. As for the pic that Lynette edited, that is awesome and so special!

You know what my vote is for an addition to your shop. You HAVE TO make more necklaces. I'm telling you...they will sell like hotcakes!

Hope you're having a good day!

Lynnette Kraft said...

I was more than happy to work on the picture for you. I'm so glad you liked it. I was feeling rather insecure about it, but after seeing them all together here, I do think that there was definite improvement over the original. I hope it'll print nice for you.

What a wonderful gift God gave to you and to your parents. You were all meant for each other.

Love you.
Lynnette

Mindy said...

Hi Kristin! Thanks for checking out my blog! It's nice to meet you -- I guess you probably saw, but wanted to mention that I have three girls too!
Love your blog -- it is beautiful!

I will be back to visit again!
in HIM- Mindy