A Girl's Day

Today, Morgan was working on extending our driveway, so the girls and I decided to go to Barnes & Noble. We all love that place!

I was able to get the follow up book to my most very favorite book of all-times, "Same Kind of Different as Me". It's called "What Difference Do It Make?" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. Life-changing was that first book for me............you MUST read it. I'm very excited to read this one. In fact, I had to ask the lady at the counter to get one for me.........she went to the back and they hadn't even taken them out of the box yet!

Kaylee got a Junie B. Jones book, Lily got a Go Diego, Go book (or as she calls him, Gay Gi O), and Madison got some new book that I can't remember the name of right now.

Kaylee and Lily had fun playing with the train set.
Madison sat and read her book.
Then, we went to Baskin Robbins afterwards for ice cream. Yummy!
It was a fun girl's day! I'm coming up on my Mom's Birthday tomorrow and the 5 year Anniversary of her death on Monday. Somehow though, this year is different. I feel a peace and excitement about the future! Today, while I was out with the girls, I felt like my old self again. I felt free and I didn't feel that underlying feeling of panic and fear. What has changed? I put my trust in the Lord and I believe that He will take care of it.

"In my anguish I cried to the Lord, and He answered by setting me free." Psalm 118:5

8 comments:

HappyascanB said...

Sounds like a great girls' day! So glad you found the book! I can't wait to hear what you think about it! My Gma called me this evening to tell me she'd finished Same Kind of Different but wanted to keep it to read again! She says it's the best book she's ever read!! I'm praying for you in the coming days. I'm so happy God's filled your heart with His peace. Claim it, sister!!!

Kate said...

I am so glad you all had fun! I wish I was a reader like you! I am so happy that you are feeling peace and comfort right now! God is faithful! I love you so much girl!

Jenilee said...

we love the library!! and YEAH for giving God our fear and trusting HIM with it all!!! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Beautiful day you had with the girls. So glad you are trusting in the Lord...Because He does hold the future, so we have no need to worry. Actress & I hit the DD/Baskin Robbins yesterday too. My kids love Borders. They love to read.

Mich said...

I remember the Junie B days...

Looks like a fun day! My daughter and I love to read too!

You are in my prayers during the days ahead. the pain of losing a loved one never really goes away, but it does get easier to deal with.

Linda said...

Kristin, I am so glad that God has "set you free"! Free to be yourself as you trust Him to take care of you. I know you loved your momma very much and still miss her greatly. But I am glad you have the peace that you talked about.

Loved the pictures of the girls. I like to go to Barnes and Noble too, but I ususally just get my books at the library and then I don't run out of space to store them. I will have to see if I can get these two that you have mentioned.

Sounds like a fun girl's day out. So glad you 4 got to do that. How did the driveway turn out? Morgan sounds like a good guy to have around{{smile}}.

Have a good Lord's day. John and I are home with colds, scratchy throats, and hoarse voices. I think we just need some rest. We had a family party last night. Oh and it got kind of wild with Lynnette and Lonna and two granddaughters singing "Juke Box Hero" and acting all crazy. My other daughter Lisa pisted it on Facebook. They weres loud and crazy,...but had some silly fun!

Love, Linda

Veronica said...

So glad that you and the girls made it out and had a great day! Wish I lived closer so I could enjoy a fun girls day out with you guys!

I am so happy that you are feeling so free and you are having a breakthrough. I pray that things will continue to get better from here!

christy rose said...

I love girls day out at our house too. There is something so bonding about getting out with just the girls. We all feel so special.
It sounds like you had a great time.

I am catching up on all my reading from being gone on vacation. And, I know that by now your mom's birthday has come and gone, but, the peace that comes through in this post is very evident. I am so glad that God is bringing you through this time in your life and setting you in a place where He is your everything. What a happy place that is! I am heading over to read your story honoring your mom now.
Christy