Chuck's wife, Lani, was in her laundry room earlier today and she smelled something stinky behind her dryer (which is an electric dryer). She moved it out a bit to see if there was something dead back there and didn't see anything so she went about her business. Well, they think when she did that, it must've hit the gas line behind the dryer and the gas line did not have a cap on it. Somehow, after that something sparked and the explosion occured. It happened so fast that the air from it put the fire out, thank goodness. It was just like a whoosh. The heat from it burned the front of her, but she is now in her own room at Hermann Hospital in Houston, not in ICU, so Thank you so much for praying for her! I know the Lord must've been looking out for her today because these pictures will completely amaze you.
This is the front of their house. The force blew almost all the windows in their house out, front and back. It didn't just blow the glass out, the entire frames around the window blew out. Unbelievable!
ORIGINAL POST BELOW:
I was just walking outside to take Bella out and I heard this strange sound.
I looked down the street and Lifeflight was on our street!
I was like, what is going on?!
They were in front of an elderly woman's house, so I thought maybe something had happened to her, but thought that was very unusual for Lifeflight to respond.
Well, lots of neighbors were out, so I go see if they know anything.
They didn't know.
Then one of our other neighbors comes from that way on her bicycle and says our neighbor, Chuck's, wife was doing laundry and there was a gas leak and it literally blew the front of their house out!
Oh my goodness, I just cannot believe it. Out here, we all either have electric or propane. Evidently, they have propane and when she went to open the dryer door, something sparked and it blew up. Morgan was coming back from errands and when I called him to tell him to get back here so he could help clean up, he said, "I'm already here." He said stuff was all over their lawn and the windows were all blown out. He is helping the other neighbor guys clean up and fix everything.
Her husband was outside at the time and he said her face didn't get burned, but her chest, front of her legs, and hands are burned pretty badly. Please, please just pray for her. I'm sorry I don't have her name, but I will find out. I am just so thankful that the Lord has given me this blog to turn to for prayer requests like these. I will update as I find out more information.
I looked down the street and Lifeflight was on our street!
I was like, what is going on?!
They were in front of an elderly woman's house, so I thought maybe something had happened to her, but thought that was very unusual for Lifeflight to respond.
Well, lots of neighbors were out, so I go see if they know anything.
They didn't know.
Then one of our other neighbors comes from that way on her bicycle and says our neighbor, Chuck's, wife was doing laundry and there was a gas leak and it literally blew the front of their house out!
Oh my goodness, I just cannot believe it. Out here, we all either have electric or propane. Evidently, they have propane and when she went to open the dryer door, something sparked and it blew up. Morgan was coming back from errands and when I called him to tell him to get back here so he could help clean up, he said, "I'm already here." He said stuff was all over their lawn and the windows were all blown out. He is helping the other neighbor guys clean up and fix everything.
Her husband was outside at the time and he said her face didn't get burned, but her chest, front of her legs, and hands are burned pretty badly. Please, please just pray for her. I'm sorry I don't have her name, but I will find out. I am just so thankful that the Lord has given me this blog to turn to for prayer requests like these. I will update as I find out more information.
15 comments:
Oh, OUCH! That sounds awful. I will be praying for them!!!
Oh my gosh! How awful! I pray that God will be with your neighbors and especially with the lady who was burned.
Oh My! I will pray!
OH my goodness, her and her family will be in my prayers, wow I just couldn't imagine.
I am not, but everyone else in my family is on natural gas here and I always just hope nothing like that every happens here.
Thanks for sharing
Oh my word, how awful! We will be praying!
Oh my. . . . so sad. I'm praying for the entire family. So thankful they have such great neighbors like y'all to help clean up. . . . Keep us posted.
Oh goodness! That is sooooo terrible! I will definitely pray for her! Please update us as soon as you can. Hoping for good news!
Oh my! That is horrible, I am praying for her and the family.
Oh my word, that's aweful! I will definitely be praying for them! Praise God Lani is ok! Wow, that must have been horribly frightening. Thanks for keeping us updated!
In His arms,
--Abigail
Oh my goodness, that is really sad, I will for surly keep them in my prayers.
Hey! I know I said I was gonna be off the computer today, but we stayed up late last night so we def aren't making it to the early service today! I had to come back and check for updates on this post and now see the pics. That is just amazing! God is so good because we know it could have been much worse.
I also thought I'd tell you that after you and I got off the phone yesterday, Alyssa had heard me talking to Fernando about it all, and she was like, Mommy, let's pray for the lady! :) We were so proud that she wanted to do that and nobody else had told her to do that. All of us held hands in the kitchen and prayed together.
Seriously, it's just amazing to see the pics and know that your neighbor survived that whole thing. GOD is GOOD!!!
Praying for sure! That is scary.
This is so scary. I have a gas line behind mine without a cap too, I believe. Poor lady.
WOW! I am completely speechless after viewing those pictures. It is a miracle!
Oh my goodness! So glad your neighbors are okay! How crazy and scary.
Post a Comment