I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!
Friday night, we went out to eat with our church and we had such a nice time.
Saturday, I went grocery shopping and I went to the fabric store and had so much fun looking through patterns. I have all kinds of exciting ideas swirling around in my head for something new for Summer Suzette Couture, and I am so hoping that it works out the way I am imagining it!
Today, we went to church and it was a great message, as usual. We were talking today about unity and what can happen when you have unity with others. Unity will happen when we share a common goal with others that we are obsessed with. We can't force unity. Unity is something that naturally happens. John 17:23 says "May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."
How many of us are truly obsessed with bringing people from a life of hopelessness to one of knowing Christ? When was the last time that you asked God what you were made to do, what your mission is? What are the things in your life that are keeping you from your mission?
Those were some of the questions we were asking ourselves today. God wants to use each one of us for a specific purpose. That is amazing that He has a special mission for each one of us! We are not alone or without purpose. He placed us where we are for a reason. We are always asking God to help us with our own goals though, instead of asking Him what He wants us to do. We don't serve God so that He will reward us...........
Serving God IS the reward!
When our Pastor said that, it really touched me. I had to stop for a minute and really let that sink in. Serving God IS the reward. So, the challenge for this week is to imagine that this is your last week to live. Why did God give you this one week? What does He want you to do with it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
first comment!!!
Hope everything goes well with Summer Suzette Couture. Fabric is so much fun to shop for. There are just so many different patterns and colors and feels. :0)
Amen! Serving God is our reward! He empowers us to do the work and we get to enjoy the fruit of His labor within us! That is so good! Letting Jesus live in us is a blast!
So glad that you guys made it to the Friday night dinner!
Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I will be excited to hear what else you might have up your sleeve this week for SSC!
What an awesome message from church today too!
Kristin,
I love watching you grow...your love for Jesus is beautiful and your love for learning is too. Sounds like you found a great church for your family.
I get so excited when something simple jumps out at me - serving God IS the reward! Amen!
Love you.
Lynnette
It is the reward - you are right. It should be all of our heart's desire to do this. In serving HIM, He blesses us so much! Can't wait to see what you'll be doing with the fabric :o)
Kristin, I am so good that you had the church dinner and that you enjoyed it so much.
Plus, I love when you share what you are learning at church. We can all glean from what you share with us sweetie.
Can't wait to see what you are going to make next for your SSC line. I ordered some of your cute cards today. I can't wait to get them.
Love you,
Linda
Post a Comment