Twilight Winner and Lots of Other News!

As promised, today is the day to announce the winner of the Twilight necklace that I made!!
I enlisted Lily's help to draw a winner. She was a big helper!
I told her to just pick one and she did a great job!! Sometimes I forget she's only two!
And look who the winner was!!! It was my good friend, Becca, from Made with Love! Congratulations Becca! I will get it in the mail to you tomorrow! That was so much fun!
Of course, I had to make sure Lily was wearing her super cute hat that Veronica made her today. I decided that no matter what, I was going to TX Children's Hospital to visit Bentley and Zach!! I had no choice but to take Lily with me, but I was determined to go.

Everywhere I go, people comment about how cute Veronica's hats are. Today at TX Children's was no exception. So, if you haven't ordered some yet, I say what are you waiting for? LOL!

Anyways, Lily and I headed over to TX Children's. Thank goodness my best buddy Jennifer works in the medical center because I had no clue where I was going and I had to call her several times for directions along the way. LOL!! It's only about 45 minutes from my house, but I felt like I was driving around in a foreign land.

Well, I finally made it to Bentley's floor and got some absolutely incredible news!!!! Bentley had been discharged that morning (I got there about 1pm). From what I understand, this was way earlier than what they ever imagined! Is there anyone out there who is still doubting the power of prayer? I sure hope not, because Bentley's story is a testimony to how God listens and answers our prayers! What wonderful news! As much as I wanted to give Crystal a big hug on behalf of all of us bloggers, I was so excited when I found out that Bentley was doing so well!

My trip wasn't wasted though, because I still had one more person to visit. So many of you have been praying for my little cousin, Zach, and I am so thankful for that! He is still in the NICU at TX Children's and Lily and I headed over to visit his Mommy, Malena. Malena and her sister-in-law, Katina, were both there. Since I had Lily with me, I didn't get to see the baby, but that's okay. I just wanted to make sure his Mommy knew how many of us are praying for her sweet baby boy.

Please keep those prayers coming, as Zach now has a bacterial infection that they are fighting, on top of trying to get him over the CMV. I know this has been a roller coaster ride for Malena, so please keep her in your prayers too. She has only gotten to hold him twice, and they are going on week 3 in the NICU. She said the other day all of his monitors started going off and nurses and doctors were rushing in and she had to literally run out of the NICU crying because it was so hard on her. It turns out, his breathing tube just needed to be adjusted, but my heart aches for her. I don't doubt for one moment that the Lord can and will heal her baby boy too, so please just keep this sweet family in your prayers.

Did anyone notice the super cute hot pink bracelet that Lily was wearing in her picture? I was so excited when I checked the mail today and found my Pifer Bean Bracelets in there! The Pifer's friends are selling these bracelets on their behalf to raise money for their upcoming fertility treatments, so I know they would appreciate any support you would be willing to give.

And, look what else I received in the mail today!!!! My super talented friend, Melissa, over at Initial Designs, custom made these Barbers Hill Eagles paintings for each of my girls teachers' end-of-the-year gifts. Aren't they the cutest things ever?!! I am always looking for unique and different gifts to give their teachers, because I know they must get so tired of all the traditional "teacher" gifts, so I am so excited to give these to them! I know they will LOVE them! All I told Melissa was the school colors and the school name/mascot and she did the rest. You just can't beat that!! Thank you so much Melissa!

Whew......that was a lot of news! Have a wonderful rest of the week, friends!

16 comments:

Becca said...

First off, I am too excited to have won that necklace. My hubs is now picking on me though! Thank you so much Miss Lily.

She looks adorable as always in that cute little hat. I am so happy that Bentley has been discharged. I will definitely continue to say a prayer for Zach and his mother. I will also be praying for the Pifer's!

I also adore those paintings for the girl's teachers. Very cute!

Lastly, when I got home today, I found a letter in my mailbox stating that I missed the delivery of the shirts :( I guess they will be back tomorrow, just wanted to let you know that they are sort of here!

Wow, that was a lot. Have a great night!

Joyeful said...

Oh I'm so glad Bentley is doing so well!!! Praise God! And I will be praying continually for little Zach and his precious mommy.

You MADE? that necklace? How cool is that! I do have something very embarrassing to admit, however....I haven't seen Twilight. I know. I know. I'm really behind.

Kate said...

What a great day for you! The signs are adorable, my friend, Jennifer makes stuff like that too! Check her out at: http://laineybugcreations.blogspot.com And, I have not read or seen Twilight either!

Brandi said...

Thanks for your comment! God definitely brought us together because you are an inspiration to me too. It IS funny though because EVERY SINGLE TIME I have a stange feeling that I need to post something - then another part of me fights against it - but I go ahead and post anyway - you always tell me how you felt it was directly for you! I love that and it shows me that God is in control and even though I may not know why...well, HE does! You are a wonderful friend!
Also, I am so happy one of the babies was released home and I will be praying for the other little one and his family.
BTW - the plaques for the teachers are SUPER cute and CREATIVE! Oh, and I bought Kaeden a t-shirt the other day that says "Always hungry!". I thought about you and your cute sayings. That is one that I think describes kids - from birth thru teen years! HA!

Lynnette Kraft said...

Cute necklace. Even cuter daughter! :) Love that hat!

Wow that was a fast discharge! I can't remember their blog name. Can you give me that blog address?

I'll say a prayer for your Zach. Poor baby. :(

Veronica said...

Hey!

What a post jam packed with awesome!

Congrats to Becca on being the winner! That's awesome!!!

The pics of Lily were too cute. That was so cool that you had her wearing the hat. That was so special to see her wearing it again!

I am so glad you made it to the hospital today even though you didn't get to see Bentley. That is just amazing that she got discharged already. God is so good!

I will continue to pray that the Lord heals little Zach and gives Malena the strength she needs to get through this tough time.

On another note, I also got my Pifer Bean bracelets today. I really wanted to post about it but I just haven't had a lot of time since I've been trying to clean my house today like I mentioned earlier.

Well, I hope you have a great day tomorrow and I will talk to you soon!

P.S. LOVE the way the paintings turned out for the girls' teachers. Melissa did a great job!!!

Jenilee said...

that was a lot of news but sounds like lots of fun! :)

The Pifer's said...

LOVE the necklace you are super talented!!!! and thank you so much for purchasing a Pifer Bean Bracelet and posting about it, your support means more than you will ever know! I may not have a baby yet, but I am one blessed women to have such amazing friends!!! Your amazing! Love ya!

Linda said...

Hi Kristin, I am so excited to hear that Bentley was discharged. That is an answer to all of our prayers for sure.

Glad you got to go see Zach's mommy. I hope he will be doing better soon. I will keep praying for him.

Sounds like Lily is a walking advertisement for Veronica's cute hats! She is such a doll!

Well, this is all for now. Glad you read my blog post today about my special friend Toni. She is such a neat lady. I love our friendship. 30 years is a long time, and I treasure our special times together.

Love ya my girl,
Linda

Pifer Bean Fund said...

Thank you so much for showing your support for The Pifers!!! You are SO TALENTED I can't believe you made that bracelet!!!

melissa said...

What an adorable necklace you made! Congrats to the winner!

I am so happy that Bentley has been released, but I will continue to pray for Malena and Zach as well as all of those pulling for them.

Thanks for saying such nice things about me and the paintings; I hope the teachers love them.

Lily is too cute in her hat and bracelet-she's the perfect little model!

Lynnette Kraft said...

Yeah! I got it! :) I'm playing a little game on my blog. Silly me. By the way...I LOVE IT! (and so does Harry)

Love you too.
Lynnette

Rachel www.jackandcoledesigns.com said...

Hey Kristin! I appreciate the prayers.. I hope I feel better soon!!

How do you get so many people to your blog?? I need more blogger friends!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Praying for the babies and families...thank you for sharing these requests...and thank you for sharing the cute teacher gifts. Love it!

Chris said...

Your girls are precious....I love your blog, sad that I didn't win the necklace, but this gives me all the reason to check you blog daily! :)

Daphine said...

Congrats to Becca on her winning!

The hat really is adorable and especially the little girl who is wearing it.

Great news Bentley! Praise the Lord! I will continue to pray for little Zach. Thanks for keeping us posted on both of these precious babies.