If you would like to join us on a walk down memory lane, click on the picture above to find out how!
Today was my Mother-in-law, Joy's, Birthday. I won't say how old she turned.....I'll just say it's somewhere between 59 and 61. LOL!!! She might kill me for telling, but I think she looks great!
My in-laws own an engineering and construction company, which Morgan also works for. Everyone at work today decided to surprise her with a little party at lunch, so Lily and I went up there to join in the fun (and eat some yummy italian food)!She was really surprised and had no idea they had planned anything.
For dinner tonight, we all went out to eat again for her Birthday at this place called The Monument Inn. It is situated right beside the San Jacinto Monument on the Houston Ship Channel. This is the first time the girls have been. They loved it because the restaurant is on the 2nd floor and you can look out the windows at the ships passing by.
The San Jacinto Monument honors The Battle of San Jacinto in 1836, which gained Texas its independence from Mexico.
Here's the girls being silly at dinner.
Here's a picture of the Houston Ship Channel.
This was our view of a ship passing by from our table.
Here's a picture of the girls outside the restaurant.
I love having kids because when you see things through their eyes, things that you really didn't think were that big of a deal suddenly become exciting again. I felt silly taking pictures, but as I told Morgan, "such is the life of a blogger!" LOL I've been to this restaurant lots of times, but going with the girls made it an adventure. And now that I've been blogging for awhile, I look at everything like, 'ooh, this would make a good blog post!' Ha!
Today, we had a lot of fun celebrating Joy's Birthday together and I hope that she had a wonderful day. We love you Joy (Grandma)! Happy Birthday!!
7 comments:
How fun! I bet your mother-in-law was really blessed by your thoughtfulness. Cute pictures...especially the girls!
looks like you all had a fun time! I know what you mean about taking photos all the time! Instead of saying, "Ooh, that would make a great photo", I say, "Ooh, great blog material!"
Glad that you all had a great birthday celebration day with your mother-in-law!
So glad you guys had a great time. You know I'm shameless when it comes to taking photos just for my blog these days. I am barely getting back to the computer, so I will email you tomorrow. It was great to see pics of the girls having fun!
Love ya!
Hi Kristin, The birthday party and dinner sounded fun. Your girlies are so sweet. It looked like they were enjoying themselves.
You are right that when we try to look at things like a child would, things do become more fun.
Your mother-in-law is pretty and she doesn't look her age. She is a year and three months older than me and she looks way younger! (smile)
Does Morgan have brothers and sisters? How many grandkids does Joy have? She looks like a nice grandma.
It is almost 1 AM and I am trying to finish my comments. I didn't spend much time blogging today cuz I went golfing with John. (He golfs, I just drive the cart) It was a beautiful day here so I decided to go with him.
After we got home from church I watched American Idol and I was glad that Kris and Danny are still there. I want one of them to win.
Which one is your favorite? Adan is so talented, but not my kind of music.
Well my girl, I guess this is all for now. Thanks for the nice comment on my post today.
I want you to have a great Mother's Day!
Love you, Linda
Happy Birthday! Looks like fun! I bet she had a great time!
I agee. You MIL looks great! Love all the pictures. Glad you all had a great outing celebrating her birthday. Thanks for sharing with us.
Enjoy your evening!
That looks like it was a lot of fun. What a cool restaurant! You are so right; the kids I keep always make things fun and exciting (again)!!
Post a Comment