UPDATE:
Earlier this morning, I posted about my good bloggy friend Veronica because we were both praying for each other to have a good church experience. Well, you have got to go read her post today about her experience! It is amazing proof that we both serve a big and mighty God!! I just cannot believe it. Like Veronica said, she is in CA and I am in TX, but it's like we are twins separated at birth. She had almost the same exact worship experience today as I did, right down to the scriptures and the song they sang! WOW!! It truly is confirmation that God listens and he hears our prayers.
ORIGINAL POST:
You, my sweet friends, are the greatest! What a wonderful treasure to get home and know that you were all praying for me! I had a wonderful time at church today with my best friend Jennifer.
The church we visited today will have its one year anniversary this Easter. It is a new branch of a long-time Baptist church here in Baytown. The idea of this new campus is to be a little bit more of a contemporary service and they have life groups that meet at people's homes instead of Sunday School. Their service starts at 9:30, but they have a coffee bar starting at 9, where you can come and just have fellowship with the other members. I liked that they didn't care what you wear and it was a very relaxed atmosphere. Plus, y'all know how much I love my coffee! Ha!
I got there today and took the girls (M and K) to the children's church. A few minutes after I got back into the sanctuary, Jennifer came in. This morning, my stomach was going crazy, but I was determined that I was going to church no matter what! Once I got there, I was fine, so thank you for your prayers! They really made a difference!
The service started off with about 30 minutes worth of music. They had people that played the drums, keyboard, and guitar and then people that just sang. Jennifer and I kept wondering if they were ever going to actually preach a message or just sing the whole time! LOL It was good music, in fact, they sang that song "Mighty to Save" which I recognized off my WOW CD that I bought. Since it was Spring Break, the regular Pastor was not there, but the person who did preach had a wonderful message.
The sermon had a whole analogy to baseball. He basically said you start out batting, you keep your eye on the ball, and first base is when you accept Christ. Second base is when you learn to live in God's grace. Third base is where you begin to want to live a life of service and then of course, the goal is to get to home base and bring others with you. I'm sure I messed it up somehow, but that's the Kristin version! The idea is to stay focused and to always be wanting to move forward, not for yourself, but for God. He said that by the time you are on your way to home plate, it would be nice to live such a life that when you walk into a room, the aroma of Christ fills that room just because Christ is in you! I loved that! The scriptures were from Phillipians.
Funny story......before the service started, Jennifer and I were both joking around about how we didn't know where all the books of the bible are and how we might look dumb if they had us turn to one. I'm just keeping it real, y'all. I love the Lord, always have, but I have so much to learn. I don't read my bible, but I really want to learn to do so, and I hope that one day I will love reading it. I told her good thing my bible has the little tabs on the outside! So, sure enough, they had us turn to Phillipians. I'm like looking all through the tabs to find it, then I finally find it at the end and I whisper to Jennifer "it's at the end." LOL Then she finds it in hers and we feel better! :)
I really liked that a lady we met said she was so glad we came and that they just wanted us to find a church. They hope it will be there's, but that it doesn't matter if it's not, they just want us to find a home. The girls had alot of fun and said they would love to go back. Jennifer said the message was exactly what she needed and I felt the same. We actually felt like that message was meant just for us!
So, that was my church experience. We plan to go back there next Sunday. I don't know if it will end up being my church home, or not, but I did enjoy it very much. I was telling my husband about it and he seemed very interested in it and I think it is a place where he would feel very comfortable, so that's a good sign.
My story definitely shows that prayer works. Even a few months ago, this day would not have happened. It's incredible how my life is changing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
Isn't God awesome???
I'll be praying for you all. God is good.
I am glad that you had a wonderful church experience. Praise God for making himself known to you. As far as not knowing where the books of the Bible are, we all had to start somewhere. And we have the power of the Holy Spirit working in us to teach us. God tells us that "when we are weak, then he is strong." Every time I don't know something or am confused, it is an opportunity to turn to God and depend on him. . .
I'm excited to hear more of how God is growing you.
So glad you had such a good experience xx
Surprise! Have fun today being featured! :)
Love,
Lynnette
Kristin,
I am so glad that you and Jennifer had a good church day yesterday. I did too.
I liked the illustration that the pastor gave. It made it easy to understand! First base, second ,third and then,... going home!
An illustration our pastor used yesterday was how we need to not just hear the word at church, but we need to eat the word at home for ourselves so that we can grow spiritually strong.
He said that he had heard twice in one week about a place that had the best cheeseburgers in town. He started thinking about it and decided to go and see for himself if they were the best.
It was only after he found the place for himself, walked in the door, smelled the aroma and actually ate one, that he was satisfied, and was nourished by it.
I thought this was a good illustration too. (:>)
Psalms is a good place to read everyday. Read the Psalm for the day,...like if it is March 23rd, read the 23rd Psalm. Then add 30 to it and read the 53rd Psalm and then add 30 to that and read the 83rd Psalm and so on. Psalms is a big book so there are lots of them. This way of reading lets you read the whole book in a month's time.
Proverbs is shorter, so you can just read one Proverb for the day.
I have an idea about memorizing the books of the Bible. Find a kids cd that has the catchy little song with the books of the Bible on it, and learn it with your girls. It will benefit all of you.
Keep on seeking sweet Kristin,...the Lord is loving the way that you are desiring to know Him better.
I am so proud of you!
Love, Linda
That is so wonderful! I am really glad you had such a great experience!
I sent you an award on my blog so stop over sometime to pick it up! Hope you have a great day!
Just wanted to say Hello! I came over from Lynette's blog whom I just discovered last week! :) Your struggle with your anxieties has really touched my heart and I will say some prayers for you, I am so glad you are letting God win!! and I'm glad you had a good Sunday experience! Blessings to You and have a great week!!
I am so excited that you've been featured today...how awesome is that! Hope you have a great day. I'll be emailing you later...I had another idea come to me last night for our businesses. Love ya!
I'm praying that you will find your church home. God is good!
I'm glad you had a great experience, and hope you have confirmation on your church home soon :0)
Sounds like the Lord is working! Praying for you as you continue your journey to find a church home...so glad you were featured on Lynette's getting to know you!
It is wonderful how the Lord works!
I hope you find a good church home. It's so important. Hello from Fort Worth. Your family is beautiful!
Kristin!! That is awesome.:) I'm so happy that you had a good experience. I will continue to pray for a good church home... and one that your hubby will like too. Sounds like a really neat church - a lot like the one that we left to move here, except it was on Saturday night. LOVED IT! We are still trying to find a permanent church home too... we've been attending the same one for a few months, but still just doesn't feel like "THE PLACE" for our family. It's so hard isn't it? I will be prayin' for ya friend. :) Hope to talk to ya soon.
Jami
Hey Hey! Just stopping by to say hi from Lynette's. What a precious family! Girls are just the best!
First check out my music I love the song Mighty To Save that is probably my favorite Christian song. I like the one on my blog from Hillsong. I'm so glad it went well. It sounds great. My husband would have loved the baseball analogy he was a big baseball player a long time ago. I like it too..
Girl...okay, you had me tearing up on this post, in a good way that is! Praise be to God for such an experience! WOW! What a story! Thanks so much for sharing and more importantly....THANKS for always being so transparent and keeping it "real".
Hoping on over to Veronica's blog to read hers.
Happy Tuesday sweet friend!
Love ya,
Daphine
Kristin -
I met you through Lynette's blog and just wanted to say hi. I'm so excited to hear how God is working in your life to get you plugged into a church. When I started college, I knew God wanted me to find a good Bible-believing church but had no idea where to start. Long story short...because I let go and let Him lead me, I am now part of a wonderful church family. I'll pray for you to find a church family too!
In Christ,
Stephanie
Thank you all so much for your encouraging comments and the gift of your prayers! What an incredible blessing. I am amazed more each and every day of God's mighty power, yet how he also takes time to make sure I know he cares about little ol' me.
Amy, I couldn't figure out how to leave you a comment, but just know I am praying for your sweet little Jacob's surgery on Friday. I hope everything goes well and that the Lord fills you with peace.
Love you all!!!!
Kristin
Post a Comment