
Eternity
Sitting here thinking,
Wishing you were here.
Time stands still
as death draws near.
Hard time are these
for us to bear,
The thought of losing someone
for whom we care.
As I sit by,
you remain in my thoughts.
Like a child I cry.
Deep down I am caught.
Feeling I have to be strong,
the pain I withstand.
I long to sit by you
and take hold your hand.
For when you're gone,
your smile will stay
in my thoughts
each and every day.
In Heaven you'll reign.
Like a princess, you'll live.
No more pain
will your disease give.
No longer suffering,
in peace you will be.
Forever and ever,
for eternity.
-Kristin, 1991
That was a poem that I wrote about my MeMe, in the days right before she went to be with the Lord. I was 14 when I wrote it. The picture above is of my MeMe and I, on my first Christmas with my new family (I was adopted when I was 13 months old). She made that precious dress that I'm wearing. I will always remember her as the beautiful, loving, caring woman that she was. She always had a smile on her face and would always greet us at the back door with her apron on when we came to visit. She was always cooking up something delicious in the kitchen. I will never forget how much I enjoyed just sitting at her kitchen table, listening to her and my Mom visit. She always made me feel so very loved! What comfort it is to know that she and my Mom are spending eternity together, and that one day I will join them again. We have a lot of catching up to do!!
6 comments:
Oh, I love this. And looking at the picture I get a lump in my throat...I can see the love and joy just radiating out of both of you. It's apparent that even as such of a young child, you are feeling so, so loved! You look a lot like my baby...the huge smile...looks right now. I'm sure due to the similare age (she's 17 mos. but pretty little) so i'm sure that also pulls at heart too when I look at that photo and can imagine someone adopting you at that age. Such of a joyous age!!! I guess all ages are, aren't they? :) I am definitely interested in participating in the poetry posts. I will just have to get my act a little more together here before I start.
That is so beautiful especially considering you wrote that poem at such a young age.
I look forward to reading more from you. I will not be participating in this though. I am NOT so great with words.
Kristin,..You are one of my favorite blogging friends. I just simply LOVE you! (And I love your wonderful,tender,heart.
This poem was so sweet. Especially because it was from a 14year old's heart of love.
I liked the picture with you and your MeMe.
I have an adopted granddaughter and she is 16 now. I just spent a couple of days with her and I so much enjoyed her! She holds a special place in my heart and I thank God for her. (And of course for my natural grandkids too!) All children are gifts from God.
Thank you for the kind remarks about my Creation poem. I love to look at the beauty of the world.
I don't do alot outside because of my many allergies,...but there is so much out there that just makes me want to praise God when I see it! I especially love the ocean,...and sunrises and sunsets,..and rainbows,...and trees and flowers. And the Grand Canyon was so awesome to look at too.
A newborn baby is such a miracle and I absolutely love holding them in my arms. God is so wonderful.
Like you said, when we look up into the vast universe we can feel so small and yet to know that He loves each and every one of us,...it is just so amazing!
Love you!
Linda
Kristin, I left you another comment on your previous post about the... Power of Prayer.
Love, Linda
Once again, I'm blown away and completely touched by your words of sensitivity and passion. You are an astounding woman, and I'm sure everyone who is in your life feels so blessed to know you. I know I do!
Thank you so much for sharing your amazing words.
Love,
--Abigail
I'm so glad we have hope of seeing our loved ones again who died in Christ.
I remembered these few verses:
"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel and with the trumpet God.
And the dead in Christ will rise first, and we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Therefore comfort and encourage one another with these words."
That's from 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18. I'm so looking forward to the day that happens. And won't it be lovely to see our loved ones again?
Keep strong in the Lord! He and I love you :-)
Post a Comment