L was acting up pretty much the whole entire time. She spinned around in her chair, dropped her book about 20 times on purpose, made sure to talk really loudly and say words like "poopie" for everyone to hear, dropped her chewed-up bubble gum (that the lady next to us so graciously offered her) onto the floor, and many other embarrassing things.
Let me tell you, it was FUN! (insert sarcasm here)
I hesitated to let L take her bottle. I know she's way too big for it. So, after getting asked yesterday, "How old is she?" and realizing that question actually translates to "Isn't she way too big to be drinking from a bottle?" I decided to go ahead and get rid of her bottles.
We came home and I told L that it was time to say "Bye-bye" to her "ba-ba". We got all of the bottles and their lids/nipples and threw each one in the trash and said "Bye-bye Ba-ba". I had to let her see them go in there so that she would know they were gone for good.
So far, so good. She was unusually cranky last night, but there hasn't been any tantrums for us to go dig her ba-ba's out of the trash or anything, so that's good!
Has anyone else had trouble letting their babies grow up?
2 comments:
Left you a little something on my blog. Stop by and pick it up!
Oh my good luck. Yes 2 1/2 is too old! But I remember how hard it is to get rid of them...
Post a Comment